Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I have a 208 Urban (campaign model in Scandinavia). It is mostly a 1.2 Active with some upgrades. I've connected my phone (iPhone 5) via bluetooth in the car and often stream music from the phone. It is the touch screen radio. Also I use a navigation app on the phone and the navigation voice is played in the car speakers (when the bluetooth source is selected).

When there is a traffic announcement (TA) on the radio or I receive a call on the phone then the music is paused but does not resume after the TA or call is finished. The radio does switch back to bluetooth. The voice from the navigation app will also stop. It seems I can resume it all by pressing mute twice on the steering wheel - possible also the mute button (volume button) on the touch screen.

Do any of you experience similar issues? I wonder if it is a radio issue or a phone issue. The software on my touch screen should be the latest version. I can't remember the version at the moment, but I looked in other threads and it is the 2013 version. The car was delivered in June 2013, so I would also expect it to have the latest software.

Rasmus - from Denmark :)

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
Hi Rasmus, I have a 1.2 Active and mostly play music from a USB flash drive. As you describe mine also mutes the sound when I get TAs or use the bluetooth phone connection. However, once the TA or ohone call finishes the sound resumes automatically. I haven't tried streaming music via bluetooth so I don't know whether the sound would resume or not. I'll give it a try when I get the chance.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Nicky,

Thanks. I haven't either experienced the problem when playing music from USB.

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
Hi, I did some testing with my bluetooth by streaming music to my touchscreen from my aging Nokia smartphone. The first thing I noticed was the amazing loss of sound quality compared to playing my flash drive. However, the music did play quite steadily until I received a phone call whereupon it paused while I dealt with the call. Once I ended the call there was a 2 or 3 second gap and the music then continued to play as before. I didn't have to re-select the source or interfere in any way with the touchscreen or the smartphone.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi! Thanks for checking. Maybe this is an iPhone issue. Perhaps I should visit the dealer some day - they explicitly told me to come by if I had any problems or questions.

In the meantime there's a workaround by pressing the mute twice :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts