Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, this is my first time on the forums

My 208 Active is only a few weeks old now and I love it but I've noticed on occasions that when I get in the car, before I do anything I can hear music from my USB playing quietly

As soon as I start the car or turn on the touchscreen, it stops and changes to a different song on the USB which plays normally at a much louder and clear volume.

Not sure what the reason for this is so can anyone explain if this is normal or what I should do?

Thanks
New member, Michelle

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
Hi Michelle, welcome to the forum, nice to see another member from Wolverhampton (I'm in Penn). I've not come across the problem you describe since there should be no power to the touchscreen/usb until either the ignirion is turned on or the button on the touchscreen is pressed. I would check with your local dealer to see if they can suggest a cause/fix for the problem.

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
michelle208 said:
Hi everyone, this is my first time on the forums

My 208 Active is only a few weeks old now and I love it but I've noticed on occasions that when I get in the car, before I do anything I can hear music from my USB playing quietly

As soon as I start the car or turn on the touchscreen, it stops and changes to a different song on the USB which plays normally at a much louder and clear volume.

Not sure what the reason for this is so can anyone explain if this is normal or what I should do?

Thanks
New member, Michelle
Hello, i also have 208 Active ETG, purchased 2 weeks ago. My SMEG is 3.17 which is recent. I live in Turkey and here me and some of my friends having the same strange issue.

Complete definition of the problem: You unlock the car via remote key. Then you get in the car. BEFORE inserting key into the ignition, you'll start hearing low-noise music (radio, not USB in my case) WITHOUT any relation to SMEG...(SMEG is off and uncontrollable).

The problem is intermittent. My friend asked the issue to a service and got a non-satisfactory reply saying "this probably happens because of car's self_check which is performed automatically and periodically by the built-in Magnetti Marelli Radio (not USB) unit".

So, i wonder if any info is present for this issue for me though...

Cheers!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I experienced the same issue myself (in my case, it was radio)...

Would be good to know if this is eventually fixed.

Thanks,
Chris

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
I have this issue too, I think it may be the latest smeg software causing it ( 3.17) because I had my unit exchanged for a different reason and the software on the new unit was 3.15 and I didn't experience that problem until yesterday after the dealer upgraded me to the latest software again. Does anyone get this issue with the older software versions?

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
I have a very similar issue, where the radio continues playing very quietly AFTER I have turned the engine off and removed the ignition key.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts