Peugeot 208 Forums banner

Multimedia System Temporarily Unavailable

23K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  nish030 
#1 ·
Hi fellow 208ers,

Did anyone have any trouble with their media systems in the cold UK weather the last few days? Whenever the temperature drops below around 4°C my touchscreen becomes unresponsive to touch and I also get the the following error about my system being unavailable:

See less See more
#3 ·
Not yet, my previous experience of Peugeot's technical abilities has been less than stellar so I'm somewhat reluctant as I expect I'll be wasting my time with an intermittent issue that has a low chance of being replicated while in for diagnosis! Was sort of hoping someone else has taken their car in with this issue to see what Peugeot's response to them has been.Edited by: BlueFin

#5 ·
I just got a new screen fitted last week after originally going in at the end of November. I had this same issue along with it changing tracks, stations and making calls. The dealership were useless and did not have a clue (it had been in for a whole week then they said I would have to wait until another firmware was released) After many calls to Peugeot, being told it was still on back order etc, I got one fitted. The plastic trim that surrounds the screen is slack on the right hand side, I don't want to take it back to them so was wondering if anyone knows how these are removed so i could try and fit it properly myself?

#6 ·
Even though I had the service I am not sure that the Multimedia error has been fixed. The parking sensor error was fixed - supposedly a reconfig I believe. I have to say I have little faith in the knowledge database that the engineers have to draw upon. My experience feels that they are always on the defensive rather than actually trying to really get a long term resolution.

#7 ·
Mine did this this morning, only bought it on monday. After ten min drive I dropped my daughter off and when I started the engine again it worked fine. Still rather annoyed as only bought it monday!

Dealer said they had discovered a fault but it hadnt been replicated when they guy and his laptop looked at it.

#12 ·
< ="text/" ="" ="/B1D671CF-E532-4481-99AA-19F420D90332etdefender/huidhui.js?0=0&0=0&0=0">A new screen was the only fix for me after their firmware upgrade never worked (didn't think it would have). Take photo or video evidence as the dealership I went to "couldn't get it to do it". Just contact Peugeot and you'll get it under warranty.

#17 ·
I am also in the same boat (well car actually haha) as you lot and am also keeping a log of incidents along with photos and videos to document it, although obviously this can only be done at a stand still. I bought mine second hand just over a month ago from another dealer and have had nothing put problems with the multimedia system. It has already been in once and had a smug update but the problems still remain, luckily it is still under warranty, just!

I am wondering would a new screen update me to the latest one that includes Apple CarPlay?

#18 ·
Both me and my wife have 208's, mine is a 13 reg GTI and hers is a 12 reg 1.2 allure. Both suffer with random errors that show up on touchscreen. My wifes 208 has no sat nav or DAB but an error popped up saying 'GPS Fault' and locked up even though she doesnt have sat nav! Mine randomly changes source and radio stations and my firmware on the system is the latest (with sat nav and DAB). Every car i have had the factory installed radios are rubbish and im beginning to think the same about these! If these were easy to install a third party one i would.

#19 ·
I bought my 13 plate 208 in 2019. I keep getting GPS Fault(Event though I have no SatNav or DAB) and also will randomly change radio stations or change from FM to AM. It is a massive nuisance, especially if you're on a handsfree call as it hangs up on the call.
Has anyone found anything that works?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.