Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.

Just popped down to the Peugeot Dealers for some mud flaps for my new 208 3 door Allure. Was going to try to fit them myself but it's a bit more involved than I thought. Has anyone else fitted them themselves,?.

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
No, but on past cars I've either found pre drilled holes by removing the wheel arch liner or they've provided self-tapping screws.

What does the kit from Peugeot include or not as the case may be!?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
.Hi Dan

The kit is supplied with some fixings but the instructions included show removing the wheels, as you have to pop rivet them to. The dealer has quoted me one and a half hours labour, considering they cost about £70 for the front and rear and it's going to cost over a £100 to fit them.

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Ouch. Seems a bit excessive .

In the long run it should protect your paintwork and keep it a bit cleaner though...

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
I would have a word back at the dealers - according to the official accessories brochure, price for front and rear styled mud flaps is £109.99 fitted so should only cost you another£40 to fit. At least you will know they are fitted correctly - we have ones fitted on current 207 and they have all stayed on for 3 years without mishap.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Resurrecting an ancient thread here, but my daughter recently bought a pre reg 208 tech line. I always where possible like to fit mud flaps, so I bought a genuine Peugeot set. Wasn't worried about them being fixed with rivets as I had previously fitted flaps to a C1 which were fixed using the same fastenings.

Fronts went on easy enough, remove one plastic retainer, fit through flap and press back into place. The remaining two fixings can then be marked and drilled with a 5mm drill. Pop rivets are the used to secure.

The rears however where a "mare" to fit. Again you need to remove one plastic retainer for the first fixing. Problem here is that no matter what I did, I couldn't get the clip to re-engage. Ended up using a similar but slightly longer clip I had in the garage. The flap then needs fixing to the wheelarch liner in three places and one further to secure the back edge of the flap below the bumper. The problem here is that the two fixings on the wheelarch liner edge are difficult to drill as there is nothing holding the liner in place so it moves as you try to drill.
In the end, I needed to pull the liner edge out from behind the bumper. I could then put something solid behind it so I had something that was then rigid enough to drill.

This is the first car I've come across where the arch liners are so flimsily mounted, particularly in an area where flaps may be fitted.

·
Premium Member
640 Posts
Took front and rear mudflaps off my first 208 Allure and fitted them to my new 208 GT Line.

There were no pop rivets in them when fitted to my first car by my dealer, and I only used clips and self tappers on my GT Line.

Easy job , no problems at all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts