Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used mud flaps before? I tired of a
small puddle ruining the look. It doesn't take much
To spray dirt down the whole side and back if car.
I am apprehensive at having them fitted as this
involves making holes? And if they are useless or
look stupid then I will have to remove them.

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Hi if u go onto the gti section and gti tuning, page 8 thee is a pic of my gti with mudflaps on. There not to everyones taste but has stoped me getting stone chips etc

·
Administrator
487 Posts
Seany7 said:
Hi if u go onto the gti section and gti tuning, page 8 thee is a pic of my gti with mudflaps on. There not to everyones taste but has stoped me getting stone chips etc
You seen your car on ebay styling them too?

·
Premium Member
506 Posts
DaveGTi said:
Seany7 said:
You seen your car on ebay styling them too?
I've seen that one too !!

cheeky

·
Registered
12 Posts
Fitted genuine front and rears to my active, amazed at how well they finish the styling off aswell as keeping the side, rear and interior door jambs clean.

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Gassy. Think I will start looking for some now. Probably start on fleabay, as usual.
Last resort, dealer.

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There seems to be a hiccup with the mud flaps. I called my local dealer to order the flaps, but once the car details were taken, I was told that there was a problem fitting them to the GTI & XL models due
to the body kit. I take it this meant the wheel arches and side skirts.
They seem to think there is a fitting kit for the rear, but were unsure. They said once they found out they would call back.
That was late morning. 4 hours later, not heard.

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Hi Jonjak,

I have had my mudflaps fitted since new front and back.

put them on myself look quite good only thing I would say is if you fit them yourself don't rivet them on use some stainless steel self tappers or self drilling hex screws also put a bead of silicone sealer behind the top edge on the mudfap to wheel liner to stop debris going down the back.

regards Puggyman208

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bought front and rear flaps with a rear fitting kit. The fronts are no where near the shape required
for the XY or GTI models due to wheel arch extension and side skirts. The rear flaps are purely for
non XY / GTI as only one hole lines up. Well almost lines up. One hole inside arch with the pretend torque bolt in it. That almost lines up so cvan be used. The other holes need drilling except the first under body hole. This can not be used as it is to close to another fixing.
Nice job Peugeot, what a great design.
At the end of the day, I do have a set of rears that now look good, but would much prefer a set
made for the car.

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Tbh you don't really notice them. In fact I think mud all over the car spoils the look also

1 - 16 of 16 Posts