Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys

just wondering how everybody's MPG is going?

Had my 208 Allure 1.4 VTI just over a week now.

Took it for a 100 mile drive this weekend got 44.2 MPG. Have to say impressed with it so far traded in a RCZ that eats petrol

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Hi .... My 1.4 HDI is averaging about 57-62 MPG
My wife's 1.4 HDI is averaging about 60- 65 MPG
Looks like my right foot is a bit heavier than the wife's

Our RCZ 1.6 petrol used to average about 32 around town an i got it up to 44 on the motorway !!!!Edited by: Mikeyuk

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Hi Sarah,

I agree the colour of mine IS much better than yours
- only kidding - I think I get good MPG because I have a 50 mile drive on the motorway and hardly ever touch brakes - I do go fast !! but the stop - start probably only kicks in once the whole journey - my cars lead a charmed life ! - I think the roof is great I love the way the blue lights pulsate with the music when you turn the base up - brilliant effect

Rich

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
So I've just had the joys of a weeks holiday in Jamaica and drove from Wigan and back to Gatwick airport for our flight. Now I'll be honest I probably averaged 75-85 mph most of the 2 journeys which is a total of about 480 miles and averaged 58.8 mpg .... I'm very happy with that

·
Registered
20 Posts
After 650 miles in total i'm averaging 42.8 in my 1.2 petrol 208. Probably an even mix of urban, country lanes and motorway (70-85mph). Not bad and pretty much exactly what I expected from it.

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Mikeyuk said:
So I've just had the joys of a weeks holiday in Jamaica and drove from Wigan and back to Gatwick airport for our flight. Now I'll be honest I probably averaged 75-85 mph most of the 2 journeys which is a total of about 480 miles and averaged 58.8 mpg .... I'm very happy with that
Forgot to say I've got a 1.4 HDI

·
Registered
8 Posts
This is the average MPG i've got since I bought the car - a 1.4 diesel. Have to say even though its not a bad figure by any means (my previous car did about 25mpg!) I was expecting more to be honest. especially as most of my driving is up and down a dual carriageway every day to work. maybe i've got a heavier foot than i thought! i do question its accuracy though as it doesn't seem to have changed from that exact figure for months now...

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
PsychoMania said:
After 650 miles in total i'm averaging 42.8 in my 1.2 petrol 208. Probably an even mix of urban, country lanes and motorway (70-85mph). Not bad and pretty much exactly what I expected from it.
Considering the quoted mpg for the 1.2 (I know you need to take them with a pinch of salt), I would have thought the average mpg would be higher then 42.8, or am I deluding myself.

·
Registered
20 Posts
It's slightly better than my previous car that had very similar figures so that's why it's as expected for me. Those figures are usually utter BS especially given the state of the roads in the UK.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts