Peugeot 208 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys

just wondering how everybody's MPG is going?

Had my 208 Allure 1.4 VTI just over a week now.

Took it for a 100 mile drive this weekend got 44.2 MPG. Have to say impressed with it so far traded in a RCZ that eats petrol

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Hi .... My 1.4 HDI is averaging about 57-62 MPG
My wife's 1.4 HDI is averaging about 60- 65 MPG
Looks like my right foot is a bit heavier than the wife's

Our RCZ 1.6 petrol used to average about 32 around town an i got it up to 44 on the motorway !!!!Edited by: Mikeyuk

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Hi Sarah,

I agree the colour of mine IS much better than yours
- only kidding - I think I get good MPG because I have a 50 mile drive on the motorway and hardly ever touch brakes - I do go fast !! but the stop - start probably only kicks in once the whole journey - my cars lead a charmed life ! - I think the roof is great I love the way the blue lights pulsate with the music when you turn the base up - brilliant effect

Rich

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
So I've just had the joys of a weeks holiday in Jamaica and drove from Wigan and back to Gatwick airport for our flight. Now I'll be honest I probably averaged 75-85 mph most of the 2 journeys which is a total of about 480 miles and averaged 58.8 mpg .... I'm very happy with that

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Mikeyuk said:
So I've just had the joys of a weeks holiday in Jamaica and drove from Wigan and back to Gatwick airport for our flight. Now I'll be honest I probably averaged 75-85 mph most of the 2 journeys which is a total of about 480 miles and averaged 58.8 mpg .... I'm very happy with that
Forgot to say I've got a 1.4 HDI

·
Registered
8 Posts
This is the average MPG i've got since I bought the car - a 1.4 diesel. Have to say even though its not a bad figure by any means (my previous car did about 25mpg!) I was expecting more to be honest. especially as most of my driving is up and down a dual carriageway every day to work. maybe i've got a heavier foot than i thought! i do question its accuracy though as it doesn't seem to have changed from that exact figure for months now...

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
PsychoMania said:
After 650 miles in total i'm averaging 42.8 in my 1.2 petrol 208. Probably an even mix of urban, country lanes and motorway (70-85mph). Not bad and pretty much exactly what I expected from it.
Considering the quoted mpg for the 1.2 (I know you need to take them with a pinch of salt), I would have thought the average mpg would be higher then 42.8, or am I deluding myself.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.