Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All my 2015 gti has developed blisters on the roof ..just wonderin will Peugeot acknowledge the problem ? Useless Stoneacre group have washed their hands of it even though they had the 14grand for it grrrrrr !!!! Any help would be appreciated !!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi All my 2015 gti has developed blisters on the roof ..just wonderin will Peugeot acknowledge the problem ? Useless Stoneacre group have washed their hands of it even though they had the 14grand for it grrrrrr !!!! Any help would be appreciated !!!!
Has it got full Peugeot service history? Or proof it's been serviced to the manufactures schedule?

There is a 12 year anti-perforation warranty I believe, so if it's rusting/bubbling from the inside out it should be covered by Peugeot if your service history is spot on.

But I think in order for it to be valid you have to have had the paint inspection carried out in addition to the services on years 4, 6, 8 and 10. At least that's how it reads in my service book.

Be worth a try with your local Peugeot dealer. I know years ago I had a Ford Fiesta that was about 5 years old and that had started to bubble up in places under the paint. They fixed it no issues even though it was missing a few paint inspections in the book. So good luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Has it got full Peugeot service history? Or proof it's been serviced to the manufactures schedule?

There is a 12 year anti-perforation warranty I believe, so if it's rusting/bubbling from the inside out it should be covered by Peugeot if your service history is spot on.

But I think in order for it to be valid you have to have had the paint inspection carried out in addition to the services on years 4, 6, 8 and 10. At least that's how it reads in my service book.

Be worth a try with your local Peugeot dealer. I know years ago I had a Ford Fiesta that was about 5 years old and that had started to bubble up in places under the paint. They fixed it no issues even though it was missing a few paint inspections in the book. So good luck.
Thanks for the info but my peugeot dealer aka Stoneacre have no interest .no help there ...their after sales manager said it was the environment ..i said i live in Stoke not Chernobyl...grrrrr absolute p**ck

·
Registered
29 Posts
I feel your pain with Stoneacre. My wife had a Fiat and a patch of lacquer came away on the bonnet just after the three year warranty ran out. Stoneacre tried to say the car must have been badly repaired at some point. When I said it was bought from you new with 5 miles on the clock, so it must have been when you had it they just went quiet. Even then they refused to take any responsibility. I ended up complaining to Fiat who did give me a £150 good will payment, but zero help from Stoneacre, more 'Stonewalled'.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes Andy i am disgusted with em ..waste of space !!!! At least Fiat responded i.m havin no luck with Peugeot !!! Aaaaargh

All the best

1 - 5 of 5 Posts