Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I've noticed previously that when I pull away from standstill, if I don't get the gear-change from 1st to 2nd exactly right, my car sort of jumps and lurches like I've done a bad start. I've sort of got better at controlling the car as I pull away and so haven't worried too much about it. However, today while in slow moving traffic (c. between 5-15mph), I could not get the car to smooth out. Whether I had the car in 1st or 2nd, it was lurching and jumping erratically causing me to rock forward and back in my seat, even as I held the accelerator still. It was like the "bunny-hops" you used to be able to do with a manual choke. Has anyone else got these issues, I've seen mention of the 1.2VTi having clutch issues before?

Cheers,
Bluefin

·
Registered
15 Posts
take it back and get them to update the software in the ecu aw we had this like you but now its sorted only does it alittle bit

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nope, I've had enough of my supposed economical commuting car and let my wife have it, taking back my Ford which was supposed to be the "family car". She says she doesn't mind as the 208 is big enough to carry child and buggy. I only come to these forums now to see if there are any developments, hoping to trade the 208 in a few months.

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
I've got a 208 Gti and sometimes feels like the car is over revving and wants to go faster than I am driving, if you know what I mean. Due it's first service in 8 weeks with only 4,500 miles on the clock

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
Do you think the clutch is slipping ? If the revs are increasing, but your speed is not, then that may be it.

If so, I'd get it to the dealer soon. Driving like that for another 8 weeks might damage the clutch.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've had the same experience on my 1.2 VTI. It revs fast so it can be tricky to ease forward in very slow traffic. I hope they can upgrade the engine management, so it revs slower in 1st gear. Don't know if it is possible.

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Blimey guys, that sounds harsh for a new car. Does this just effect the 1.2?
This is something that should easily be resolved at the dealers. I personally
would dump it at the dealers and refuse it until it was fixed, making sure I
had their courtesy car. Don't accept that the car is how it is and can't be fixed.
There is clearly a problem and you must stand your ground and demand
a full investigation.
Good luck

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
i have had the same problem since the car was new the dealer say that is how they are , that and a load of other problems the 208 goes tomorrow buying a VW only had the car 18 months so have lost money on but it has to go

1 - 10 of 10 Posts