Peugeot 208 Forums banner

Loud knocking noise from under the car

20K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  Salvo60 
#1 ·
so i have a 2015 208 with the 82hp 1.2 engine. its only done 28,000 miles but has developed a loud knock/ rattle from underneath/right side of the car. it seems to be worse at low speeds but rough roads cause it the most. i thought it was a broken spring but after checking they all are fine. also had a mechanic check the suspension and all was fine. An exhaust bracket was broken but after getting it fixed the noise is still there but it does seem to not be as loud i think. the exhaust isn't loose at all now so it can't be that and it can't be suspension as it was checked and everything was tight. Any ideas of what it might be would be really appreciated.

#2 ·
Is it an occasional knock. Or if the road is rough, do you get knock knock knock knock knock. Sort of continuous . The reason I say this, as you described what I had. Mine was the suspension/strutt but my spring was ok. Mine was on the passenger side.

When my garage looked at mine, they couldn't find anything and you can't really check the suspension unless it is taken off.

To confirm this. There is a video on YouTube that shows the sound of strut that has gone. They sound the same on pretty much any car

#3 ·
I heard a lot of people say that so i checked it all again myself and it was a drivers side front strut failure. Apparently theres a fault with the original ones so i changed them to sachs ones an the noise has gone. Feels strange driving without all that knocking noise now?

#10 ·
Ciao. Pure io avvertivo dei rumori metallici sotto l'anteriore della mia 208 GTI, percorrendo strade sconnesse, dopo aver raggiunto 20.000 km dall'acquisto dell'auto. I rumori sono spariti dopo aver sostituito (in garanzia) le due biellette della scatola sterzo. Come mostra in figura qui di seguito.

#11 ·
Ciao. Pure io avvertivo dei rumori metallici sotto l'anteriore della mia 208 GTI, percorrendo strade sconnesse, dopo aver raggiunto 20.000 km dall'acquisto dell'auto. I rumori sono spariti dopo aver sostituito (in garanzia) le due biellette della scatola sterzo. Come mostra in figura qui di seguito.

thx for the tip good to know

#13 ·
[QUOTE = "Giù, inserisci: 36831, membro: 7276"]
Non sono sicuro se 208 abbia schermi termici tra scarico e carrozzeria.
Avevo un Focus con suoni toccanti. Il meccanico ha scoperto che lo scudo termico stava rimbalzando.
Scudo termico rimosso, rumore sparito.
[/ CITAZIONE]

208 Gti

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.