Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,<br style=": rgb251, 251, 253;"><br style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">My 208 gti will arrive in 2 months.<br style=": rgb251, 251, 253;"><br style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">I was talking with my friend last week about catalytic convertors and we do know they block alot of power from the car,<br style=": rgb251, 251, 253;"><br style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">Do you suggest me removing it and waht i should do if i remove it ?<br style=": rgb251, 251, 253;"><br style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">Is there something it may happen ?

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
if you are gonna tune the engine then its a good idea to upgrade the catalytic converter. Race catalytic doesn't block power on a streetcar. Now, Race cars that only drives on racetracks doesn't (often) have an catalytic converter but its coming new rules about that in all categories. So why take away the catalytic converter when you can put on an race-catalytic and still get more power AND be legal on road.

Ok, if you really want most power of the turbo, best exhaust flow for the turbo then you need a race catalytic and bigger exhaust pipes, 2.5" are minimum.

But you also have to remember that you also need to upgrade intercooler, air-filter and reprogram ECU so you have any use of the bigger and better exhaust system with the race catalytic.

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That was an awesome reply pompe,

Im going to use it for everyday ride not a circuit car,

The only mods i will d ois a remap that will add +40bhp.

The only thing that was concerning me was the catalytic blocking too much power and any ecu fault lights that will bother me later on.

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
Ok so if you only are gonna do a remap, you can try to go with the standard catalytic converter. Its up to you if you want to pay more money for 1-5bhp more(only more flow with race catalytic).The turbo on 208 GTi are so small so it cant build up so much exhaust so catalytic converter blocks the exhaust gases. You'll have to upgrade more on the engine before you need to think about the catalytic converter.

But like I said, its up to you and your wallet

1 - 9 of 9 Posts