Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what the button on the end of the left indicator stalk does?

I've tried pressing it loads of times and watching everything to see what it does and it does nothing??

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Hi Steve like you I couldn't find anything that the button did so I got in touch with the dealer (after many hrs searching) and surprise surprise it does absolutely nothing dealer says he doesn't know why Peugeot put it there.

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ha,that'sthe french for you! maybe its for some optional upgrade theyhaven'tput in it like voicedialingor something. I wasdisappointedHID xenon headlightsweren't available, that and the lack of post code ability's on the sat nav

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
It's used on the basic model that doesn't have a screen ... Where we have our speed in a digital display between the clocks the base model has its mini computer there :)

·
Premium Member
361 Posts
Steve_208 said:
Ha,that'sthe french for you! maybe its for some optional upgrade theyhaven'tput in it like voicedialingor something. I wasdisappointedHID xenon headlightsweren't available, that and the lack of post code ability's on the sat nav

You can do part postcode search - just not full I think.

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
Just a guess but could you do it via the USB port - download map update to memory stick, then plug into port. Does it not say anything in the manual about updating sat nav ?

·
Registered
9 Posts
you can do a partial post code search by typing the postcode into the city box, after youve typed the first half of post code it will put up a list of streets in that area.

One thing that really bugs me is the country field on satnav, scrolling down the list every time to pick england is annoying, it should default to the current country and city using your loc imo.

As for updates its done with a USB stick, or atleast thats how you get the traffic camera data onto it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
You can only get a CD player on left hand drive cars (along with JBL). The player is located in the glovebox on cars that do have it.

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Have just found the following on the Peugeot Website solooks like my earlier post was wrong

PEUGEOT CONNECT 3D MEDIA NAVIGATION (NG4) Address book and voice command integration

The above guide was written for software version ng4_D_R26b_R26.04
Voice commands
The voice command function is activated by pressing the ""˜Push to talk' (PTT) button
which is located on the end of the indicator stalk (the left hand stalk above the
cruise control stalk if present). Once pressed, a double bleep tone will sound which
means that the microphones are now on and ready for speech recognition.
Below is a list of voice commands that are useful to know (press PTT and wait for

the acknowledgement beep before speaking):

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
excellent. that solves the mystery, well done shaggy. ha. Thankyou

I wasdisappointed that it didn't come with voice recognition and now its annoying it wasnt offered to me, saying that no extras were offered to me even though I expressed a strong interest in a number of things. Now I want to find out if the PTT is available after the car is on the road and how much..

·
Registered
12 Posts
Surely something like voice recognition would be a simple software update, which Peugeot could easily offer now?

As long as the microphones are installed, i'd assume no other hardware be required.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts