Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I have quite a big oil leak on my car. Its on the drivers side of the motor (right hand drive car). The leak seems to originate somewhere below the engine cover, around the engine mount area. The whole side of the motor seems quite moist due to all the oil.

The Peugeot dealership said it was the oil filter housing and replaced it under maintenance plan. However, the oil filter and oil filter housing is on the other side of the motor.

Any thoughts on the actual source of the leak?

Thanks
Rel

·
Registered
26 Posts
Is it only oil? Have you checked the oil cap and the oil level?
Also, a big oil leak can happen in places with pressure or fast rotations. I'm thinking of sealing ring around the camshafts/crankshaft.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oil cap and oil level are both okay. Car just had a service 3 weeks ago. I'm thinking along the same lines as you. I can't think of what else it could be in that area.

I'm going to clean the side of the engine soon, then I'll know if the leak is still present or not.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Eventually had the car booked in at another Peugeot dealer. They actually listened to me when I told them about the oil leaks. Turns out it was the timing chain/vvt solenoid

1 - 5 of 5 Posts