Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a wee post to say Hi to everyone... Firstly, a big THANK YOU to Dan for all your help in getting registered on tothe forum. Your help was greatly appreciated.
I became the proud owner of my Peugeot 208 1.4 Hdi Allure just 3 weeks ago - Because I use it as a driving school car, that means I've have been out in it everyday since I got it- Love every minute of it (even though I'm being chauffeured in it most of the time
)
I have posted a wee picture of it in the Gallery section.

Must say, the only small niggly thing I didn't like, and it really is a small issue, is the touch screen system doesn't switch off. I always have to make sure that it has been turned right down for pupils going out on a driving test - otherwise, the radio just comes on by itself. Driving examiners don't like that sort of thing.Hopefully they'll come up with something that cure that wee problem

Tony.

·
Premium Member
361 Posts
Hi Tony,Welcome to the site - glad you're all sorted and able to log in

I just posted yesterday about someone here who uses their car all day as I thought they were a contender for the 208 owners high mileage club but I now think it might be you!

I'll check out your car in the gallery,
Cheers
Dan

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just to say, in just slightly over 3 weeks, my wee motor has covered 2700 miles - and that is city and dual carriageway driving

I expect it to get busier and have the mileage creep up more.

Tony.

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Owch you definitely get the title lol, how r u finding the car? I've got the 1.6 ehdi 115 bhp feline, I love the stop start bit that's cool and the panoramic roof is just great, but I think its the little touches like the led strip light down the side of the roof is the best

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Hi Sarah,

I'm due to pick up my 208 This Saturday, same model as yours - trading in a 2 year old Polo diesel which according to many reports is supposed to be better, I do 2000 miles a month - so hoping the pug is as good or better - are you pleased so far

Rich

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Hi Tony ... You can switch the screen off ... Can't remember how but somewhere there is a setting for this on the touch screen somewhere... Have a play about with it and I'm sure you'll find it... If I get chance later I'll go and take a look and report back :)

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Hi Rich, I traded my 2yr old ds3 in for this pug, I absolutely loved it, but I wanted the tec so I changed, but the feline beats the ds hands down, I love everything about it. What colour have u gone for?
Sarah

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Hi Sarah,

I was thinking about white - seems to be the 'in' colour - but then I saw Spirit grey in the showroom and it looked great so went for that - however seems to look different according to lighting - so can't wait for Saturday to see it in the flesh - Thinking about changing the door mirrors for chrome - or even 'black' chrome as the special edition if you can get them - what do you think ? fussy ain't I ?

I'll upload photos when I can - Your's looks great by the way ...
Rich

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Rich, I think the chrome wing mirrors would look good with the silver. U sound like me anyway I'm very particular about my car n how it looks, its killing me that its raining coz its dirty n I want to wash it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Mikeyuk... I found that in the touchscreen.. how to turn the screen off. For me if I do that, it's less distracting to the learners when they drive my car. The only thing is the radio still comes on by itself and I don't have a view of the clock then when I try and time the lessons.
Ah well, just wee niggly things. I'm sure they'll all get sorted someday

Sarah, the model I got was the 1.4 hdiAllure, it doesn't have all the things your car has, mores the pity
Although, a good friend of mine who is also a driving instructor got the very similar car as yours a week before me (Stop Start etc)- oh I'm so jealous, he loves it to bits. He too was a convert from the 308. Must admit, the mpg he gets out of his - and he would do similar miles to me, is just phenomenal. I must ask him how it's going and let you know about it.

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
Hi, with the touchscreen if you press the button on the volume dial you mute to sound - screen stays on so you can still view clock etc but no sound - stillcomes on when you start the car first time but might be a better option than turnign screen off completly.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah Yellowbelly, I found that wee function on the volume dial... I just have the pupils warned in a way, that if the radio comes on at the start of their driving test, just to turn the dial down or press it to mute it. No complaints so far, thank goodness.
Hopefully Peugeot will come up with something to cure it - fingers crossed

1 - 13 of 13 Posts