Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just ordered a 1.4 Active with satnav, visibility pack and parking assist. I've been researching cars the past couple of weeks and haven't strayed further than the 208. It looks like a fantastic car inside and out and I love the touchscreen. I'm wondering if I should have gone for the Allure instead and added the glass roof as that would look great, but I've gone for the Active now. Great to find this forum and looking forward to hearing people's opinions as their cars are delivered and the start driving. I've got a long wait ahead I'm guessing. Will get some indication of how long it will take tomorrow. Can't wait already.

·
Premium Member
361 Posts
Hi and welcome to the site

Wait times vary but does depend on model and options you select at the time I think. We've got a good few people on here who have already collected and love their 208 so hopefully will have plenty to keep you entertained and pass away the wait!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi all, just joined and just ordered

PEUGEOT 208 - 1.4 HDi Allure 5dr Hatchback Colour Virtual Blue/Trim: Virtual Blue/Twighlight Trim Fuel Type/EngineCC: Diesel 1400 Chosen Accessories Touchscreen colour Satellite Navigation and 2nd USB, Metallic Paint.

Been told wont be delivered until March for the reg

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
Hi Hawk - for factory fit options that waiitng time is not unusual - 8 weeks is about the norm - your dealer should be able to give you an expected build date for th car but be aware these can change - ours changed twice to later dates - once build has been confirmed compeleted your delievry will be about 2 weeks later assuming it gets shipped from france on schedule without any delays. Your delaer should keep you informed of any changes.

·
Registered
14 Posts
please say you have ordered the manual version not the ecg auto if you have change it to the manual the ecg is such a problem i have mine go wrong within a couple of hours it spent a whole month in the garage waiting for a new gearbox and it lost reverse the next day it was returned to me terrible gearbox good on fuel economy touchscreen does not like the cold goes off a lot

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
We have 2 EGC auto's in the family, and although I have had some issues with mine, none of them have been related to the transmission. the other one, my parents car has been faultless since collection, so I don't think it's fair to generalise on just your experiences, Ken. I believe there's at least one more that I know of (a member on here) who has the EGC gearbox and has also had no trouble with it. The touchscreen issue is a known one (at least on here and the French 208 Forum) and there does seem to be a conclusive cure for that, although I very much doubt that cars coming off the line now would be affected by it anyway. I sympathise with the problems and the delays in getting it repaired, Ken but think how much worse they'd seem if you'd had to pay for it!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi Pete, Thanks for the reassurance. Have ordered 1.4 auto.Active Us 'oldies' need autos for our dickie knees!!! (doesnt mean we cant raz around though!!) Barb

·
Registered
7 Posts
We are pleased to confirm the delivery arrangements for your new car detailed below. If any details are incorrect or if the delivery date is no longer suitable; please contact us immediately on ........

PEUGEOT 208 - 1.4 HDi Allure 5dr Hatchback

Confirmed Delivery Date: 19/03/2013

Requested Delivery Time (subject to change): AM

Way hey!!!!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Great news, let us know how you get on with it! Saw dealer Wednesday and was told end of April...ordered 30th jan:-(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts