Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for the best way to clean my windscreen as I seem to have a judder from the wipers usually when the rain is very light and I have my wipers on automatic.
I have tried various windscreen cleaners, Rain X and lastly Autoglym Glass Polish, but I feel I need to remove all these things and start again from scratch.

Can anyone suggest What it is best for me to do. My car has only done 700 miles so blades should still be in good condition.

After driving about 40 miles today in the rain,the juddering has almost gone. Is this the natural effect of the wipers cleaning my screen perhaps?

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
I have had the same issue with the wipers on my THP 156. Except for when you have washing fluid (lubricant) on the windscreen, the wipers bounce/chatter across the windscreen. This happens even when there is a fair amount of rain on the screen.It is particularly noticeable when the wipers are inintermittent mode or at medium speed.

I cleaned, clayed,polishedand then applied two coats of Rain-X to the windscreen.I have been using the Rain-X washer additive.Operation of the wipers seemed smoother after that.

I had my dealer check this out and they said the wipers were deteriorated so they replaced them on my dime (£72).On the way home from the dealership after the wipers were replaced it was raining quite hard. Although the movement of the wipers were much better, you can still see and hear them vibrating as they sweep the screen.I called the Dealership while driving home to report that this issue is not completely resolved. I'll drop it off again for them to investigate further.

Maybe the root cause was just a bad case of contamination?Was the car sitting in acid rain at the port waiting to be shipped out? Do Peugeot OEM wipers only have a lifespan of a few months?
<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">The car is only just 5 months old, it wouldn't have spent more than 75 hours under daylight as I park in garages at work and at home.
<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">

<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">Let me know if you find a solution.

Edited by: esterhazy

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
mine too.Dont even want to bother Peugoet with this isue. becasus I am sure they wont fix it for free.
So I just as well get new ones my self.
Question is where and wich wipers are better than the default ones?

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Noticed these on Amazon.co.UK:http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004MA4SG6/ref=gno_cart_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A575AWX4ORAXW

and
http://www.amazon.co.uk/PEUGEOT-2012-Onwards-HEYNER-AEROFLAT-WINDSCREEN/dp/B00D22THXO/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=2Y3AE972RFH3H&coliid=I2YN7A6RXZI9RE

My Feline THP 156 requires 26" & 16" blades. Not sure if this is the standard mix of sizes for all 208's.

When I replace my blades the next time I will not use the Peugeot OEM if even only to remove that as avariableto this juttering wiperblade problem.

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
tried cleaning my windscreen and wipers withAutoglym Intensive Tar Remover. So far it works. Have to see what happens when time goes by.

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
I had a win with my juddering wipers. Decided to try applying some silicone spray that I use on the mast of my small sailboat to allow the mainsail to slide easily in the slot provided. Sprayed the silicone on a rag and coated the wipers a few times. Although it hasn't rained very hard in the past few days it is now wiping smoothly when engagingintermittentand low speed wiper action.Even though the wipers work well now, my fix is just masking the root cause of the problem. I will bring this up again with my dealer when my 6 month service is due next month.

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
esterhazy said:
I had a win with my juddering wipers. Decided to try applying some silicone spray that I use on the mast of my small sailboat to allow the mainsail to slide easily in the slot provided. Sprayed the silicone on a rag and coated the wipers a few times. Although it hasn't rained very hard in the past few days it is now wiping smoothly when engagingintermittentand low speed wiper action.Even though the wipers work well now, my fix is just masking the root cause of the problem. I will bring this up again with my dealer when my 6 month service is due next month.

Pretty funny you got it working by applying silicone.
I got it working by cleaning the wipers.

Will just change the wipers with Bosch when time comes.

What do you expect Peugoet to do about the matter?

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I expect them to analyse the root cause of the problem. What that could be I have no idea but will suggest that they check the tension of the wiper arms as a friend suggested that they might be applying too much pressure on the blades. Maybe the spring is too short or has a twist in it. Maybe the wiper blades are just crap but that is unlikely as I have a replacement set and could all of their blades be faulty? If that was the case there would be many more people experiencing the same problem that we have and we would have heard about it by now.

At the end of the day I expect them to ensure functionality that is fit for purpose. Reasonable?

·
Premium Member
49 Posts

[/QUOTE]

I expect them to analyse the root cause of the problem. What that could be I have no idea but will suggest that they check the tension of the wiper arms as a friend suggested that they might be applying too much pressure on the blades. Maybe the spring is too short or has a twist in it. Maybe the wiper blades are just crap but that is unlikely as I have a replacement set and could all of their blades be faulty? If that was the case there would be many more people experiencing the same problem that we have and we would have heard about it by now.

At the end of the day I expect them to ensure functionality that is fit for purpose. Reasonable?

[/QUOTE]

Okay sure. I just assumed the blades where crap quality. But if is a more technical issue then it has to be looked into offcourse.

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
I hope the answer will be as simple as getting some quality blades. I'll let you know what happens.

·
Administrator
487 Posts
Mine judders aswell?
think it might be the pressure on the window itself.

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Juddering Peugeot owners of the world unite! Grab those torches and pitchforks and lets give Barron Pugdealer what we gave Barron Frankenstein!!!!!

·
Administrator
487 Posts
I think the worst thing was. Due to reading this thread, as soon as it started raining and I had to use my wipers I was looking for a judder. Least we know peugeots consistent across all ranges of the 208

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Beware of 'Interns Desease' as it is easily acquired. lol. I didn't have to look for juddering as my blades were doing a hop, skip and jump like an olympic gold medal winner even after cleaning,claying, polishing and Rain-xing. This is why I believe there must be some mechanical issue. Obviously not the motors because now, with siliconed blades, it works as sooth as silk. My money is on the tension of the arms being wrong.

·
Registered
6 Posts
l had juddering blades today after pickingit up yesterday, my 3 year grandson said my wipers were like a tractor and that Grandad Dog (from Peppa Pig) would have to fix it. Took it back to dealers and they sorted it out, l didn't ask what it was but service guy said it may be a problem with the motors.
Why do you just put with it, take it back to yourdealers straight away and expect that they sort it, would drive me potty if l had to listen to that every time it rained.

Good luck

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Yay said:
...Took it back to dealers and they sorted it out, l didn't ask what it was but service guy said it may be a problem with the motors.Good luck

Did the dealer give you any paperwork that described what they actually did to correct the problem? I'd really appreciate it if you could find out for me. I will be bringing my car in for its 6 month service later in the month and would like to tell them what another Pug dealer did to fix the problem.

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
My 208 was built in October 2012 and arrived in Australia in January 2013 so probably the same parts were used. Post silicone treatment the wipers are working very well now but for how long?

·
Premium Member
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Went to my Dealers today and asked if juddering wipers was an issue on 208's.
They told me it was not a known problem to them, but had a technician have a look at it.
He agreed it was bad and looked up on their Peugeot system to see if it was a problem that Peugeot knew about.

It was not on the system, but he fitted two new blades (under warranty) which seems to have overcome the problem.

My Allure has done 1173 miles at this point.

I will report further after a little while.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts