Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at the french spec cars you can now get a JBL HiFi system (300)watt in the GTi, XY and Feline spec !! Wonder when it's going to be available here. Now that sounds worth having...(excuse the pun)

Reggyboy

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Don't really know but I am highly disappointed with my active's audio quality. My partner has a Octavia and that knocks the 208 out the park in that aspect

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's not an after fit but a full blown Factory fit by Peugeot (Subs in the side of the boot apparently), if you go onto the Peugeot French site and click into the 208 specs (downloadable PDF)its there, albeit in French but its there ok. Saw it on another 208 forum as it was announced at the Geneva motor show in march 2013...can you get it the the UK ?? I've emailed Harman Kardon to ask them as it is their system....hope that's enough info for you.

Cheers

reggyboy

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi

Just some info for those who care, before we ordered ours it was impossible to find any info on the JBL Pkg and the dealership had none in the showroom I hope this helps.

I am in Germany and we ordered ours with the JBL sound Pkg I also ordered the CD player in the glove box so here is a short review.
first a little history I am from Canada originally and have built and bought a few sound systems for various cars.

My last car in Canada was a 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GT ordered with a Rockford Fosgate Sound Pkg,
I later replaced it with
2x Focal high mid kits 165 krx2
1x JL audio sub CVS112RG-W6v2
1x Audison SR5 power amp
Alpine CD deck with full Ipod control CDE-117
Alpine PXA H-100 sound processor and Blue tooth controller

as well as some Dynamat for sound

now for the review.
The system in the 208 sounds ok from my experience it was similar to the Rockford in the Mitsubishi not Great but definitely better than the stock. The sound processing seems adequate and the interior is well balanced I find it better to do a custom tune rather than rely on there pre programmed levels.
Considering the size of the car the sub takes little room which is a bonus and does an adequate job of adding some low end for the music I listen too Rock/Alternative mostly, I will say the Fratellis sound quite good in it.

The downfall of the system I find is the head unit, which is the same in all the 208 models
the I-Pod control is weak and my Alpice CDE-117 which was under $200.00 had full control anything my ipod **120gb Classic** could do, it could and I would expect a 2013 flashy touch screen to have the same capabilities, which sadly it does not.

Most notably the seeming inability to randomize the entire ipod in fact it seems not to randomize at all that may be an issue with our particular unit which I will have checked out

In my opinion there should have been a USB input in the glove box which is where i put mine in the Mitsubishi **it keeps the I-Pod out of sight**.

in closing if you are expecting something to rattle windows beside you this will not do it, but for those looking for a step up and a good clean sound without the hasslecutting into a new car **Warranty issues and all**,or trying to get an aftermarket system that can get a bit pricy then this will be good for you.

I am 36 years old and have spent more money on car audio and home audio then most and I am content with it and in a few years when the Warranty is gone if I still have it I will gut the system and tune it up for the fun because it is kind of a hobby for me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts