Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 3 door Feline and as a friend got out to let rear passenger out, she inadvertantly used the recline lever at the same time daughter used rear entry lever. Consequently I now have a front seat that will not lock in position or return to original upright position. Anyone got any ideas ??

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So no one experienced this problem on a 3 door Peugeot before ?

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Thankfully no. Sounds like a trip to the dealer with an innocent look on your face is in order. Admit to nothing! Just say "What is it with these seats?"

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update on the jammed seat, new seat frame on order
Will be next week before it's in stock and they are not replacing the seat, just the frame. Not sure I am happy with that as the leather covers and cushions will be transferred. We shall see. In the meantime, all 3 door owners beware, if you operate the lift mechanism on the seatto allow entry / exit, at the same time as someone else inadvertantly operatesthe recline lever, breakage may occur.Browsing google on seat faults, it seems many manufacturers have issues, but peugeot especially with the 206. Hopefully mine is a one off as they dont appear to be repairable and out of warranty, the 206 seat was £650

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Hi all,
I had the same happen to me on my 3 door feline ( mother in law ) flipped seat adjustment instead then moved seat mover after. could not do anything with the seat took about 6 attempts to sort it out moved the seat back to full back rest and then flipped it back up and it was fixed, must be a fault in the design so 3 doorers be careful ( don't take youre mother in laws anywhere.

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Evening all
Well at last had my seat repaired. Had no phone call from dealers for 2 weeks so phoned to be told the new seat frame hadn't been ordered.
. Lots of apologies after I lost the plot and 3 days later it was in stock and fitted. I knew I should have gone to another dealer. The idiot on the service desk just said " Sorry but these things happen" He then got both barrels !!!! I suggested he learn from his mistake and maybe write things in his diary, hopefully he will.
Anyway, so glad to have her back fixed

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Very understandable why you went ballistic. Are you obliged to alway bring your car to the dealer whom you purchased from while still under warranty?

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't think so because mine came from a dealer 100 miles away, but the local dealer mentioned nothing about them notbeing the supplier. The warranty is with Peugeot UK so I guess that all agents have to stand by the warranty.

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh something I forgot, I received a telephone call from the dealer customer service asking if I was happy with same. I obviously explained that initially I wasn't, but now that it is repaired, all ok. She explained Peugeot are doing this to improve their service, something many dealerships need to do. Can only be a benefit to us customers in the end, so well done Peugeot

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have the same problem with my 208 GTI. I lifted the top lever, on the drivers seat. to put a coat behind it. Went to put the seat back in position and the seat would not lock in place. I had to drive home with no back support. It is now in my dealers waiting for a new rear part of the seat.I am concerned that this could happen as there could be a safety issue. There must be a weak linkage in the seat mechanism. I have to wait 10 days for the new seat :-(

·
Registered
7 Posts
I really think this is the end of my "love" affair with Peugeot cars. I had my first car, a Hilman Imp in 1967 and I have always had a Peugeot/Rootes/Chrysler car, but now I realise that Peugeot don't really have any direct Customer Relations. When you dial0845 200 1234 you just get through to agents in Kent who are just "messengers". They have no idea about cars or how to solve problems. They are there to "protect" Peugeot from actually talking to "their" customers.

<div style="text-align: justify;">Here is the email I sent to Customer Support.
<div style="text-align: justify;">

<div style="text-align: justify;">Good Afternoon,<div style="font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: normal; text-align: start;">

<div style="font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: normal; text-align: start;">I bought my first Peugeot car in 1967 (HillmanImp) and I have always had a Peugeot (Rootes/Chrysler) car since then. I would describe myself as a person who flies the Peugeot flag as I used to work there, as did all of my family.
<div style="font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: normal; text-align: start;">

<div style="font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: normal; text-align: start;">This year I seem to be having problems. Last October I bought a top of the range Ice Velvet 208 and over the winter I had serious problems with the dark chrome on the car which kept peeling off. Because Peugeot agreed with me that it was a design fault I was offered a new car to replace it.
<div style="font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: normal; text-align: start;">

<div style="font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: normal; text-align: start;">In July I had a new 208GTI, which is an amazing car. Last Monday evening I lifted the lever on the drivers seat to move the back of the seat forward to reach into the back of the car. I tilted the seat forward and on trying to return it I could not get the back to lock into position. I was left with a car, that I had to drive home, with no back support.

<div style="font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: normal; text-align: start;">The following day I put a kitchen stool behind the seat to support it to enable me to drive to my dealer - Robins and Day in Coventry. I have now been given a Courtesy Car and I am told that a new seat will not be available for at least 10 days.

<div style="font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: normal; text-align: start;">Three things concern me

<div style="font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: normal; text-align: start;">Why is there such a long lead time on the part required?

<div style="font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: normal; text-align: start;">Why did the seat break so easily?

<div style="font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: normal; text-align: start;">Lastly, and this is my real worry, I am not happy with a seat that breaks so easily. In an accident, the support given by the seat is critical, so what would happen if an impact caused the seat to fail. Because I am an engineer I need written confirmation from Peugeot that this will never happen again. I strongly believe that this must be design problem, as my dealership has had two other cars with seat failures, and I have found three other instances on 208 forums on theinternet.

<div style="font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: normal; text-align: start;">For the first time ever, I am considering getting an independent check on the car by the RAC. I am very worried about this.

<div style="font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: normal; text-align: start;">This week, I have lost over 5 hours at work. I have a fantastic car that I love, but I can't drive it. The car I am driving now is very basic compared to the GTI and to be honest I am finding the whole incident very depressing.

<div style="font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: normal; text-align: start;">I hope you can give me a quick reply.

<div style="font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: normal; text-align: start;">As a footnote, Robins and Day are the best car dealer anyone could ever deal with and they are doing everything possible to help me. If I had to buy from another dealer I would not buy another Peugeot after this years experiences

<div style="font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: normal; text-align: start;">Regards

<div style="font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: normal; text-align: start;">Here is the reply

<div style="font-family: arial, sans-serif; line-height: normal; text-align: start;">Thank you for your recent email sent to us via the Peugeot website.<br style="font-family: Peugeot, Arial, Courier, 'Times New Roman'; text-align: justify;"><br style="font-family: Peugeot, Arial, Courier, 'Times New Roman'; text-align: justify;">Your enquiry has been passed to a Customer Relations Manager who will investigate and will be in contact with you within the next five working days.<br style="font-family: Peugeot, Arial, Courier, 'Times New Roman'; text-align: justify;"><br style="font-family: Peugeot, Arial, Courier, 'Times New Roman'; text-align: justify;">For your reference your case number is: 15353515.<br style="color: rgb34, 34, 34; font-family: Peugeot, Arial, Courier, 'Times New Roman'; font-size: medium; text-align: justify;">
<div style="font-family: arial, sans-serif; line-height: normal; text-align: start;">

<div style="font-family: arial, sans-serif; line-height: normal; text-align: start;">This is just very poor Customer Support.
<div style="font-family: arial, sans-serif; line-height: normal; text-align: start;">

<div style="font-family: arial, sans-serif; line-height: normal; text-align: start;">If you know anyone who has 3 door 208 tell them to get the front seats checked. I think there is a serious fault with the design and it could cause death or a serious injury in a accident.

<div style="font-family: arial, sans-serif; line-height: normal; text-align: start;">Its Japanese or German cars from now on

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Not Japanese!!......my folks have had so many visits back and forward to the dealer with their Toyota it's unreal

1 - 13 of 13 Posts