Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took delivery last week of my lovely 208. No CD player. Bought an ipod shuffle a couple of days ago it came with a small lead think Jack to USB Phoned my grandson and he instucted me through the process of downloading some CDs on to this little ipod thing. I tryed the small speakers and music was OK. I took the small cable out to my car and plugged it . The display changed and the music started to play GREAT. Then after 2 Mins it switched to the Radio.
I left the car and returned 1 hr later same thing. Phoned my grandson and he had no real solution. Maybe I need a different cable There is a small jack hole below the USB thing Is this the thing I need to use Tryed looking everyware on the web but no luck yet. Sorry Im a bit of an OLD Dummy with this stuff Any help would be very much appreciated..

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Had the same issues, turned out it needed a software update back at the dealership. It's quite common with these touch screens so don't worry about it, just book it in with them and they'll sort it. Normally takes a few hrs. Hope this helped.

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
The 208 usb interface does not like ipod shuffle (or similar) mp3 players. Although my larger ipods (classic & touch) sort of work fine, every time I have ever plugged a shuffle in, there has been a loud pop and the touch screen system crashes and restarts. The one interesting thing with Shuffle like Mp3 Players is that they are the only ones that have displayed a range of album cover art. The larger players only show 1 cover at a time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts