Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ,

Has anyone else noticed 'interference' - a sort of 'ticking' noise when playing music through an Ipod or iphone ? Happens with my Iphone 5 and Ipod nano - an old Ipod classic 'jumps' now and then - connected via USB , Memory stick was ok, and Bluetooth via Iphone seemed ok ( but only tried for short period ) - seems to happen after driving about 5 motorway miles - Any Ideas ??

Rich

·
Premium Member
361 Posts
I once bought a cheap ipod lead from ebay and that used to make all sorts of noises and transmissionwhir through the speakers when in use. Switched back to the apple one and all was ok.

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi, Thanks for the responses, The Iphone 5 was new and had the new lightning connector (sent it back now as I thought it was a faulty phone ) and the Ipod is new, although the 2010 model nano as it has the old style connector and no bluetooth , - thought it may be better..

But an update - I have found that when first switched on, it plays ok, then after about 5 tracks starts interference - similar to ascratched record - if you can remember ! - but if press the ' mute' button, then turn on again , itsounds clear - for about another 5 tracks - almost like a static build up or something - could it be a software problem ?

Any help would be appreciated

Rich

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi, your description is exactly the same problem i have ! Also have iphone and nano over usb and tracks start ticking after about 5 tracks, very annoying - any idea what the solution could be be ? I also have the optional JBL speakers and satnav, you ?

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi, Your right very annoying ! Mine is a standard unit with no Sat Nav , Sorry your having the same problems - although the more that have it means they may find a fix - I took mine into the dealers on Saturday ( for the recall as well ) they put it on diagnostics and couldn't find a fault. I arranged to get there early and someone listen to it after the drive there, but having sat with car ticking over for 10 mins the noise almost went - so maybe only when driving ? They seemed to think it may be the USB connector - Have you tried playing your Iphone through Bluetooth ? I don't think they're sure what it is , and I'm reluctant to have it looked at and other things tried - in my experience it just leads to other problems - but they want it in for a day for further investigation.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I don't like to use Bluetooth then no info is displayed on the touchscreen - did you find a solution yet ? I'm also wary of taking it to the dealer . Another problem I discovered is that I can not choose aux as a source so I can't bypass USB or Bluetooth even.

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Morumbi,

Just had a look - and if you have ipod plugged in and screen is showing album art - press the 'Ipod' symbol and screen changes - so you can switch from USB to Bluetooth or Aux - I haven't booked car in yet - been too busy - and not sure about it !

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have my car booked for next week Thursday - will let you know... Found that the clicking doesn't happen on bluetooth(yet) but I feel the quality on USB is better. My software version is the one from 04/2012.

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No I didn't get any 'clicking' on Bluetooth with an Iphone 5 - but prefer to leave a ipod nano plugged in to car with all info on screen - I tried an old Ipod 4th gen and that didn't click but skipped every now and then -- will be interested to see how you get on -

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yes I also want to use my nano as music source - iPhone gets too much interference inky opinion when you do other things on it - I have 5th generation nano by the way - you ?

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi , I have the 6th generation - fits nicely in the cubby hole next to USB port - out of sight, so I can leave it there

·
Registered
18 Posts
Well I got my car back - I had several other issues bu re the clicking the garage told me it could be due to bad compression of mp3s so I'll try with a bunch of lossless files I guess...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Exactly I think they are just guessing - I think I will go to a specialized car hifi shop I want better sound even though I already have the jbl pack - I'm thinking a better amp might solve it

·
Registered
18 Posts
i am continuing by "beta testing" - conclusions so far :

- clicking only occurs via USB, not via Bluetooth or AUX (which works now)
- the cause is not compression : even lossless files click on USB and the same files are fine on BT and AUX
- still disappointed with the dynamic range of the music in general, i wonder if it's the speakers or the SMEG that causes this

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi, I have a Peugeot 208 active and I've had the same problem, I've tried taking it to the dealer and they couldn't find a problem, I've also tried contacting their customer services but they didn't seem to know anything about it either, hopefully peugeot will issue a software update to fix this

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hi All,

Just an update - I have booked in my car on 19th Jan for a replacement USB port - the dealers say they have done a couple already - hopefully will cure the problem ??

1 - 20 of 43 Posts