Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does your lighting in the footwell come on at night when your driving? Mine seems to only come on when I first put the keys in but then goes out but according to the book there meant to b on when side lights come on, but they don't? Anyone got any ideas? Thanx

·
Premium Member
361 Posts
In my last few cars that had this it was only when opening or closing the doors, bit like how the usual interior light worked. Not sure what is supposed to happen on the 208 though...

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
not noticed yet as I have not been in it for long at night yet -I moved ours the other evening to swap cars round on the drive and I seem to think they stayed on in the footwell - will try to check next time and let you know - blue around the roof definately stays on and blue rim arund the dash dials stays on, unless you manually turn it off of course.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sarah feline said:
Does your lighting in the footwell come on at night when your driving? Mine seems to only come on when I first put the keys in but then goes out but according to the book there meant to b on when side lights come on, but they don't? Anyone got any ideas? Thanx

Yeah. According to the book, the footwell lights are supposed to come on (dimmed).
mine (1.6 Vti ) doesn't either.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just picked up my Allure this week and I am finding the same thing. The mood lighting in the footwells only comes on when doors are open and not as book says when side lights are on. Also changing the brightness of the mood lights via the computer does not alter them. Anyone sort this?

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
I also have an Allure that I picked up last week. There is a switch for mood lighting under the dials (pictogram on it looks like a table lamp), but I can't work out what it does. The only thing I have noticed is that there is a short blue strip that lights up between the top of the steering wheel housing and the bottom of the instrument panel. Should anything else light up or change?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Why do you want to look at your feet when you're driving? Oh hang on you're a girl and will have pretty shoes to look at!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi all!

The Manual is misleading if it does indeed say that the 'mood lighting' includes lighting up of the footwell.

The footwell lights only come on when entering and exiting the vehicle to light up the interior.

The 'mood lightings' function is to bathe the car in a subtle light while driving at night, hence the blue, white or red colours.

The areas which should light up are as follows:

Below the instrument binnacle with a small line of light on all versions plus rings around the dials on XY and GTI and 2008 versions.

Versions that have the glass roof fitted contain a blue strip on either side.

Early 208 models also lit up the area just under the air conditioning controls.

Hope that clears things up?

Jon

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
I noticed that in the book, the mood lighting did mention that the aircon unit was lit, and I am un-happy it is not included on newer versions. I would like to retro fit these, if anyone knows where they go. I have looked, but seen no obvious place to mount or to supply current.
Jon

·
Registered
4 Posts
There is a hole located below where the 12v socket/USB plug sit.
I'm not sure what supply will be available, you'll have to remove the ventilation controls first, then you can un-clip the 12v/USB area to see what's available.

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Thanks for the advice, but I was thinking more on the lines of powering it using the same supply as the mood the lighting. I want all the mood lighting to go on and off at the same time. Perhaps I may just run from the footwell.

·
Registered
4 Posts
That's fine, but the footwell lighting will only come on once the doors are first opened and when the key is removed from the ignition before shortly turning off. So will not stay on while driving.
You might just have to see whether there is a connector behind the trim where there used to be an LED light and then order the LED light to fit. They have most likely deleted the connector from the interior wiring harness though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts