Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi does anybody know how to change the interior light bulb in the 208?
I took the unit from the roof but could not see how you open it up to change the bulb.

I could not find anything in the handbook telling you how to do it either.

What bulb does it use?

Brand new 208 v.t.i. 1.2 13 reg plate.

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
i think they are LED lights so maybe they are a sealed unit is it not working ? or do you want to change the bulb for a brighter one

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is working but the bulb is not bright enough for the back of the car so i was going to replace it for a bright L.E.D. one.

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
I agree with the above post - I recently changed my bulb for a 'Crystal White' standard bulb - I've had problems with LED one's in the past that don't light the fluctuating current when you set the light to come on when the door opens!

You need to pry the whole of the plastic unit from the roof by gently pulling on it from the windscreen side. Once you have this apart, you will see that the light module itself will separate.

On the back of the module you will see some black plastic tabs that you simply push so they un-clip and the clear plastic will separate from the module giving you access to the bulb.

Only one thing to keep an eye out for is the plastic switch that may pop out if you are a little rough with it, but this is easy to put back into place.

To re-assemble, simply reverse the above instructions.

I actually spent age's looking for some instructions prior to having a go, and couldn't find any. After I completed the job I had the great idea that I should write up what I did, but sadly forgot to take any pictures :-(

I hope this helps - don't make the mistake of trying to pull out the clear plastic using a sharp tool and damaging your plastics!

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
What bulbs was it? I'm trying to replace mine with red ones but can't find them, any chance of a helping hand?

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
the bulb you require is a T10 - there are LED equivalents but I went for a standard replacement bulb like the one below.

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
zvone99 said:
bulb is t10. gently pull down from the front side with nails or screwdriver.
I just need to remove the glass cover or map reading light cover (circle one). Is that possible without prying the whole courtesy lamp unit?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I agree with the above post - I recently changed my bulb for a 'Crystal White' standard bulb - I've had problems with LED one's in the past that don't light the fluctuating current when you set the light to come on when the door opens!

You need to pry the whole of the plastic unit from the roof by gently pulling on it from the windscreen side. Once you have this apart, you will see that the light module itself will separate.

On the back of the module you will see some black plastic tabs that you simply push so they un-clip and the clear plastic will separate from the module giving you access to the bulb.

Only one thing to keep an eye out for is the plastic switch that may pop out if you are a little rough with it, but this is easy to put back into place.

To re-assemble, simply reverse the above instructions.

I actually spent age's looking for some instructions prior to having a go, and couldn't find any. After I completed the job I had the great idea that I should write up what I did, but sadly forgot to take any pictures :-(

I hope this helps - don't make the mistake of trying to pull out the clear plastic using a sharp tool and damaging your plastics!
How do you put the light switch back in?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts