Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I bought my 2017 Peugeot 208 second hand last year. I have had a couple issues in terms of interior creaks and rattles for a while. I don’t know too many technical terms so please bare with.

Specifically when it is “warmer” weather, there is a creak coming from inside the interior b pillar, of which Is coming from the seat belt on the drivers side, don’t hear anything from the b pillar of the passenger side. Especially when it warm in the summer, any little bump in the road can cause the seatbelt to creak or tick. But in the winter, not much sounds comes from the pillar at all.

It is quite frustrating! And makes me really not look forward to driving the car!

Has anyone had a similar issue? Or have some sort of solution?

I’ve been trying to figure out how to to take the b pillar off to see if anything needs tightening or loosening but I can’t figure it out and also don’t want to cause any further issues.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, they do that.
Not much you can do though
Is this just a Peugeot thing then? My Toyota or Volkswagen never creaked or rattled once and it just screams cheap plastic interiors to me if it is only during the warm weather!

My 208 has also been in the garage more times than either of those cars put together. Solid decision to never buy French again!

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
My Prestige was in 18 times during the 16 months I had it. The Bps has done better, only a hand full of times in 3 years. I have learnt to live with the rattles and poor build quality.
3 more days before I don't own it anymore and I'm never buying another Peugeot again.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My Prestige was in 18 times during the 16 months I had it. The Bps has done better, only a hand full of times in 3 years. I have learnt to live with the rattles and poor build quality.
3 more days before I don't own it anymore and I'm never buying another Peugeot again.
I’m not usually the jealous type lol

Already thinking about what I’m going to go back to, the Toyota or Volkswagen!

Enjoy the new car!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts