Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm very interested in a 208, particularly a diesel one with the EGC gearbox. My plan is not to take delivery of one until next September though as I'd like to buy a specific '63' reg number for it. I'm currently a Smart CDi owner, so my main criteria is economy ( did the boy racer bit too many years ago now!!) so I shall take great interest in the meantime to see how you're all getting on with your 208's and whether they live up to expectations, especially in the fuel economy ratings. At present, having had a study of the various marketing, my main choice will be between a 1.4 Allure or a 1.6 Feline, but I shall also be watching to see if the government move the 'Nil' rated excise duty band now that small cars with free road tax are becoming ever more popular. I have a feeling it may change from 100g/Km to 90g/Km which will sway me towards that 1.4 model.

Watching with great interest!

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Hi and welcome to the site!

I hope we can keep you entertained and informed over the next year and not put you off too much

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks very much for the welcome. Keeping me interested shouldn't be too difficult, I'm quite keen to be an owner, but following 'Which?'s' advice, in spite of a good initial report, it will be better to wait and learn from the experiences and comments of others before taking the plunge. The benefit of at least one more budget between now and then will also allow us to see if government does decide to change the vehicle excise duty bands.

So those of you who are already owners, keep posting your comments and experiences of your new cars here.

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, despite what I said above, it's about time I declared myself to be a 'proper' member now, having taken delivery of my 208 at the end of October. I won't say any more about it here, but will post a little more about it including the all important pictures in the appropriate places on the forum.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts