Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys,

I'm a new member, living in Malaysia. I bought the Pug 208 a week ago, just waiting it to be delivered. However, I noticed that in the Malaysian market the Cruise Control is not included. I looked on eBay and the module (the cruise control stalk) is for sale. Would I be able to install that on my own, and if yes, would it work? I use motorways almost everyday and it's such a shame it's not included in the package.

TIA!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wesley208gti said:
u can buy the handle and mount it but you still have to activate it by your dealer or it will not work

Hmm.. Not sure if the dealer can do that since no Peugeot 208 in Malaysia has it. Will call them up and see if they could do that for me before I buy and install it. Thanks wesley!

·
Registered
7 Posts
is it not even an option over there

here in the EU is a standard to al trim levels

so your dealer will probably be able to activate it

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
A similar post appeared on a Lexus Owners Club website I belong too. When an option is available to a number of markets, it is cheaper for the manufacturer tobuild it into allthe cars by default and just not enable it in certain markets. It means that your dealer should only need to bring in the "stalk" and "switch it on". Even if it is not available in Malaysia, your dealer should be able to get instructions from his head office.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts