Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I lock my car using the fob the indicators flash a couple of times then stop. On occasion I have pressed the lock button again by accident and the indicators flash again continuously, I don't know if it only lasts a few minutes as I've unlocked and then locked again.

I've checked the manual but I can't see anything.

Does anyone know how to stop the continuous flash?

·
Premium Member
641 Posts
Pressing the lock button a second time brings in the dead locking. The indicators will flash for a little while. If you press the lock button again the indicators will flash again for a while. This is to make it easier to locate your car in a car park in the dark!

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ahh, I wish the manual made note of this. Cheers mate.

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Deadlocking works if you press the lock button within ~10 seconds of initially pressing the lock button. Afterwards it will just flash for 10-15 seconds. I'm sure I read it in the manual somewhere.

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Mmm, cant say I have noticed the indicators flashing for that long..I do however know the lights stay on for that amount of time. Spooky really. I put it in garage door, and then the auto door shuts before the lights go out. One day I'm sure I will be greeted with a flat spark box Grrrr

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Pressing the locked button on remote is also for 'locating the vehicle'.
For example, say you left your 208 in large car park and it's now dark and you can't remember exactly where left. It flashes indicators 20 times.

If you don't want guide me home lights on when lock car you can change that. Go into settings, vehicle settings then lighting and you can modify it from there. Either changing how long is on for or turning off altogether.

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Yeah. The guy at the garage ran through that with us. Hold the lock button and the indicators come on. Help you find your car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts