Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I am a newbie to the site as I am now an owner of a 2013 208 feline which drive very well. My only grumble is the ignition switch and trying to find the switch in the dark. With all the nice mood lighting that Peugeot have added why not put a light around the switch so you can start the car without the need to scratch the steering column trying to find the ignition switch.

Does anyone else find this annoying?

Rowsell71

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
I don't think I've ever had this problem. I didn't realise anyone looked at the ignition switch, your hand just automatically finds it

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My problem is that my last car had a push button start so no key required. Next time your are in your car at night see if you can see the key barrel. It is strange but something I will get use to, I might even try and see if I can illuminated it some how.

Rowsell71

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
HI, welcome to the forum. My last car (an Audi) had a small light in the key fob which was really useful in the dark for finding the ignition switch (or door locks) in the dark. I really miss it in my 208.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for the warm welcome.
Tonight I checked the barrel again and even when the interior lights are on you just can't see the barrel so frustrating, lovely car with great features but something so important just been over looked.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I agree! I usually start out to work at about 5am and i'm always having to look down to put my key in the right place in the dark! Even with all lights on inside the car it doesn't help as you say. The casing around the key hole is scratched due to this!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am glad it's not just me
I will contact Peugeot to suggest this as the first thing you need to do once in the car is start it and there will be nothing more off putting when selling the car than a steering column full of preventable scratches.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts