Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
Have a 1.2 Allure and am taking my first really long car journey in it in a couple of days time, just want to know how you use cruise control as have never used this before. Think it will be useful to use on the M1! The control is on the left of the steering wheel.

Thanks

Lewy

·
Registered
3 Posts
It very well explained on the manual.

I suggest you read that and do a dry run.

The round button sets the mode.. up limiter down cruise
The + and - button set the speeds for both
The external button activates the chosen mode

For cruise to engage you must be in 4th gear going at 40km or more.
You may accelerate while in cruise, however pressing the clutch or break will disengage it.

Hope this helps

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
I just used my cruise control to drive to Wales. Found that 55 - 69mph gave me the best possible return and I managed to average 71mpg on the 300 mile round trip

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
im using the cruisecontrol for my everyday driving.. also on small trips round town. I absolutely love it.

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
MBM said:
im using the cruisecontrol for my everyday driving.. also on small trips round town. I absolutely love it.
Same here - also makes my commute to and from work (60 miles each way) a breeze!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Jasonbetts : In the old days a cruisecontrol was more of a meccanical nature than today and its true that you yourself could do better milage than with an old CC.Today a CC is electronic. I've experimented with my 208 1,6 e-hdi on my daily commute (54miles) and I get way better mileage (75-83mpg) when I use the CC than my right foot/brain can achive.
Daz3467 : As soon as the CC detects that you are going downhill it gradually decreases the flow of fuel and when the decent is long and steep enough it cuts of completely.

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
Yes, I use it all the time. Brake or downchange for corner turns it off, then back up near your speed and in desired gear, flick it on. Easy, and great to avoid the speed camera flashes. Long downhills it shuts the fuel down, but it can't apply the brakes, so speed may still increase. But unlike others I've driven, when you start back up the other side and speed is decreasing, it starts to open the throttle a few km/h before you get back to the set speed.Wife has an auto Honda Civic. With cruise on, when going down hill it will change down when speed gets about 10 km/h over the set speed. Interesting feature, but a bit useless, as you'd be snapped by a speed camera if there was one around.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts