Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you may have already seen I took the plunge and got ordered myself a white 208 allure :)

And whilst i really can't wait to get it my number one concern hasn't changed so just wanted to ask-

How you all been finding yours?
Had any/ many problems?
Any known problems?

And just basically tell me a bit about your 208

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
My gti has been awesome! I'm busy changing things to make it a bit more individual!

Couple of problems I have had are a squeaky clutch, which was sorted under warranty and it's going in for a nav update to get full postcode

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
Had my 1.2 Active for 13 months and have had absolutely no problems with at all. The reliablility has been first class even down to the touchscreen which has not malfunctioned once since I bought the car. Reading through the problems that members of this forum have been experiencing I really wonder if I'm just very lucky.

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
Gearbox rattles its nipples off.(stopped now the weather is getting warmer) Touchscreen freezes.(USB issue/cold weather) Front strut knocking. My wheels corroded (one off I believe) and soneone has just put up that their engine has went pop.

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
Hmm I get a knocking on the front strut. Is that something that can be done under warranty?
I mentioned it last time it was in the dealers and they said they couldn't find anything.
Also have brakes that sound like a bus and poor reception on the radio.
It's back in the dealers on the 22nd I will see if they pretend there's nothing wrong again.

·
Registered
11 Posts
had the touchscreen finally replaced after it kept freezing then eventually went blank. Only took three trips to the dealer!!!!!

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
My car has proven to be very reliable over the 9000 miles I have covered since the begining of the year.

The only things to report, is that the touchscreen sometimes fails to switch on when I start the car.

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
The only problem I have had was the alarm going off on it's own, even parked in my locked garage. New software cured it. My last car was a RCZ, in the dealers 18 times in the 2 years that I owned it, they coudn't solve the problem, all it was, the engine mounts needed ajusting and re torqing. my dealer spent a small fortune replacing unneccesary parts!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts