Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With this cold weather I was wondering if any on knows how good is the 208 1.6 HDi 92 Heater.

Also how long does it take to start to work in the morning.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
whitefeline said:
I'm freezing in mine for 15 minutes I turn the fan towards my hands. I can't compare with other cars, as this is my first car.
Thanks for that, 15 minutes is a bit long isn't it. My wifes Fiesta warms up in about 1/2 a mile or about 5 minutes which is much better

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have no issue with the heater in my 208 (1.6 HDi 92 Allure). Windscreen is clear within 3-5 minutes on a cold day. Press windscreen button in climate control, select HI on both and make sure A/C button is pressed and it's fine.

It's better than my old Mk V. Golf TDI.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Phippo said:
I have no issue with the heater in my 208 (1.6 HDi 92 Allure). Windscreen is clear within 3-5 minutes on a cold day. Press windscreen button in climate control, select HI on both and make sure A/C button is pressed and it's fine.

It's better than my old Mk V. Golf TDI.
Thanks for that, is it nice and warm then after the 5 minutes ?

On the old 206 you had to put the AC on to keep the screen clear.

·
Registered
4 Posts
It's not nice and warm, no. It's warm enough to have cleared the windscreen and then the rest of the car is warm after about another 5 mins. My experience is that diesels take a while to warm up, regardless of manufacturer - petrol cars are much quicker.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts