Peugeot 208 Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having just fixed this issue on my car thanks to some posts on here, I thought I'd write something a little more detailed. In my case I'd hear the relay clicking in the glovebox, but the horn wouldn't sound. This likely means the horn itself needs replacing.

You can see the horn if you look up behind the driver side round fog light, where it's bolted to a bracket on the other side of a bar coming from the chassis. It's good practice to unplug the connector from the horn to stick a multimeter on it. I used a couple of bent nails pushed into the connector to attach some crocodile clips. If 12V is getting to this wire when you push the horn on the steering wheel, you will need to take the bumper off to access it fully.

If this is the case search for the Peugeot 208 GTI Intercooler Fitting Instructions from Forge Motorsport. It's a PDF, follow it up to step 7. Estimated total time is 1-2 hours for disassembly and reassembly. I purchased a 12V horn off eBay, used a hacksaw to take the connector off the old horn then soldered up a cable adapter to the new horn. Alternatively just buy a compatible horn.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts