Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I've come over from the ds3 club, I'm waiting to pick up my Feline in Virtual Blue, getting a bit excited now, to the point of unbearable lol, husbands ready for killing me as I've done nothing but sulk since the wknd as the dvla have dragged their heels with my number plate as its a private one. I'll put some pics on when I get him hopefully tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
361 Posts
Hi Sarah,Welcome to the site

Will love to see the pics if you get chance to post them up. How long has it taken for the private plate to transfer? Mine took about two weeks I think even though I went to my local DVLA office to try and speed things up.

Dan

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeh this has taken about 2 wks, proper done my head in. They sent the paperwork out on Mon and its still not arrived at the dealers and its in the same city. I just keep my fingers crossed that it turns up tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
361 Posts
Fingers crossed then!

I hadn't realised that your old car got it's original plates back either so had binned them years ago. Ended up have to get them made up again so cost a fortune to change everything over.

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeh, I get to kill 2 birds with 1 stone, as I have to drive for my job so I've bin driving all wknd, what a shame, its lovely to drive making me smile loads. I tried to upload some photos but it kept saying the files were to big so just gotta sort that, but I love it kept

·
Premium Member
361 Posts
Just checked out the pictures in the gallery, car looks really nice! Will you be a contender for a '208 owners high mileage club' then if you're out and about all day?

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Most definitely Dan, I'm a care worker so I drive all over derbyshire so Perry is definitely gonna get some use. I'm just gutted that since I've had him it's done nothing but rain, I'm itching to get out and wash wax n polish him. But loving the car

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I didn't change the plates, I just drove in with them still on n drove out in the new car with the plates on them, it just cost me £80 to transfer the plates to the new car but its cheaper than putting the plates in retention as that was £115. Dvla r right rip off merchants

1 - 13 of 13 Posts