Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Newbie here. I've got a 2019 208 GT line. Recently I've noticed a strange hydraulic sounding hiss that happens when I quickly release the accelerator. I'm sure it wasn't there before. The car is still under warranty.

I don't know if the issues are connected but I had two amps/new speakers/sub installed. I know if the amp isn't properly grounded you can get feedback when pressing the brake etc but this hissing still sounds when speakers are unplugged.

Could the installers have disturbed something like a connection or sound insulation (in the door?). Or could it be a grounding problem on the amp that is still being picked up despite unplugging as described?

Sorry I don't know if it's a mechanical or electrical/sound system issue.

The car performs/drives well still.

Any ideas?

Thanks very much
Bruce

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey man. The only suggestion I have is that this could be an issue with the turbo if you have one. I would go through the details, but I just followed this video here when identifying my own turbo sound.

By the looks of things, if there's no smell where you're sitting, there should be no worry. My turbo hisses when I lift my foot completely off the accelerator at high revs but havent noticed any reduction in power I would expect. if it's worrying, get it checked since I'm also definitely not a car expert myself, but just a thought :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey man. The only suggestion I have is that this could be an issue with the turbo if you have one. I would go through the details, but I just followed this video here when identifying my own turbo sound.

By the looks of things, if there's no smell where you're sitting, there should be no worry. My turbo hisses when I lift my foot completely off the accelerator at high revs but havent noticed any reduction in power I would expect. if it's worrying, get it checked since I'm also definitely not a car expert myself, but just a thought :)
Hi. Many thanks for the reply. The dealer tells me there is some kind of clip (indeed, something to do with the turbo he said) that needs replacing. They are awaiting stock. Hopefully that'll fix it but I'll watch the video. Thanks again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts