Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried the "Hill Start Assist" function?

My 1.2VTI Allure has this feature as standard, according to the vehicle specification, but I have tried it, as per handbook instructions (page 96), but it doesn't appear to work.

It says in the handbook, certain conditions of gradient must be met, and I have tried it on a fairly steep road.

Anyone tried it?

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
We thought the wife's car would have it too. I had it on a manual Focus Titanium I had but when we asked the dealer he said it was only in the 208 auto's.

Looking at the manual again it does say when you cars in neutral or first gear on a manual....weird.

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
Hi, tried this on my 1.2 Active (Manual) on the steepest hill I could find and it had no effect whatsoever. Either it only works on an extremely severe gradient or it is just another 'feature' that has been omitted from some models.

·
Premium Member
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Having had another look at the specification, I see it is only available on ECG Start/Stop versions above access level.

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
That will be why then. I'll find out when I finally get mine after the car being vandalised at the dealers.

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
My 208 gti does not have hill start assist, had it on my RCZ and it's the one thing I really miss.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts