Peugeot 208 Forums banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Just to let everyone know, the last hpfp packed up again not so long ago car was out of warranty, took this issue to the ombudsman and ruled in our favour, did not have to pay a penny as this is a known fault

·
Super Moderator
267 Posts
How can I do this pug master? Have phone up Peugeot twice and they are not telling me it's a known fault and it's X amount to fix.

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
They are lying to you. You do not need full 'dealership' service history to claim items under warranty. As long as you get the car serviced by any professional auto business they have to honour it.

·
Super Moderator
267 Posts
¼ the car is out of warrenty but I know there is a report out for the HPFP. Car seems alright now no problems so will see how it goes

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
My car has never been serviced by Peugeot all done by myself with genuine parts to warrant the services, I took the issue to the ombudsman it took two months with Peugeot fighting the claim saying it's down to wrong oil used and not been serviced by them, it's not the case, these pumps fail because of a non return valve failure inside pump letting high pressure fuel go back through the low side,don't forget the law states a car manufacturer can not by law force you so have your car serviced by themy to keep warranty,and this is a known issue

·
Super Moderator
267 Posts
¼ can't be waiting another two months ˜‚
There is a tsb out on the pump so if I take the car to Peugeot and the fault shows then I suppose it should be covered. Will have to see. Had car booked in for Friday with Arnold Clark but going to cancel that and got to JCT600 Peugeot instead

·
Super Moderator
267 Posts
Right ok haha think it will be alright to tell them Iv had a diag kit on to find out the code the. Did my research about it? Or just play dumb

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Same here mate I submitted my diag report showing 400psi fuel pressure,and submitted a video of me doing a mechanical test with gauges, first I go accused of why am I doing testing, showed them that I'm a nvq 3 mechanic then said we can't trust your testing, basically saying I was lying, but Peugeot all they do is plug in and get Reading they don't even use mechanical gauges, I would just submit what you got mate your dealer might be alright

·
Registered
4 Posts
've had my 208 Gti prestige 2014 from new and had no ends off issues with it.. o.k I've now done 124k mainly motorway miles but had my first high pressure fuel pump go at 44k second one at 124k so to date

High pressure fuel pump covered under Peugeot warranty
Water pump covered under Peugeot warranty
Some sprocket on VVT - had to take head off etc, had new head cover - cost £4000 ouch - covered under Hartwell independent warranty
Front suspension passenger side failed - failed shock covered under Hartwell warranty only covered failed side, but recommendation to replace both sides at the same time as it can impact handling - £300 out of pocket
Thermostat housing leaking water - covered under Hartwell warranty
Split in intercooler hose (no Turbo boost) - covered under Hartwell warranty

The worst of all is that the lacquer is peeling off the bonnet and did so at 60k miles. I contacted the Managing Director of Peugeot UK and he passed it onto his warranty director, who passed it onto his manager, who passed it onto his team who had already stated it was down to stone chips (surprise surprise they had said this originally when I spoke to them) - I've owned 24 cars in my lifetime and have never had lacquer peel on the cars.. I spoke to a body shop who said it was poor adhesion to the paint, but it's nearly impossible to prove - £700 to fix as it would need stripping down to the metal - not going to bother.

And I'm sure there's something else that has gone wrong as well..

So am I going to buy another Peugeot - er let me thing for a nano-second... NO and I won't recommend them to anyone else - silly really because basically it's a zippy economical car, and if Peugeot had shown more sympathy for the bonnet laquer issue, I'd be happier overall.

So glad I paid £750 for 3 years independent warranty inc recovery - that I would recommend to everyone - Hartwell garage warranty

·
Registered
8 Posts
HPFP is a big problem with these cars. I've posted in another thread but basically - my 2013 gti was running terrible with same error code. It's a very common problem and it you take it to a Peugeot dealer and have done less than 60k miles they will pay for the parts which are about £700.
Is this 60k a policy written somewhere I can reference please

·
Registered
8 Posts
everything went well, I picked dup my car today and it drives so much better. All it cost was $308 in labor. I spoke with the guy and he said they have been replacing HPFP's under warranty for any car that registers the fault code. I forgot to ask if there was a limit to how many K's the car has travelled but I assume it will be in line with Peugeot Europe.
Just had my HPFP replaced by Peugeot......only the labour to pay
Cheers

·
Registered
5 Posts
How old is your car? Recently I have some issues with starting my car in the morning. It really struggles to start and maintain idling, but after a several seconds it's just fine. When I turn the engine off and start it again it acts normal again. I have changed spark plugs and one coil few months ago, so it could be a battery or some sensor. But I am starting to think that my HPFP is going to fail soon after all the stories I have read on that subject. Anyone else had this symptoms or I should suspect on an empty battery (the car has only 70 000 km on the clock)?

·
Registered
1 Posts
They are lying or haven't checked properly. My total bill was about £1,050 but I only paid £300ish. I'll try and find my invoice to see if it shows it. DO NOT pay the full bill. The HPFP on these and coopers are known to break prematurely, hence why Peugeot pay a contribution to the repair. The only conditions are that the car has to have done less than 60,000 miles and or be less than 6 years old.

Really hope your local Peugeot dont try to scam you on this. If it helps I had mine fixed at Peugeot in Harlow, Essex.
Good morning, apologies for the eary message.
I have read with interest your post about your HPFP problems on your GTi and want to pick your brains if I may please.
I have also had terrible problems with my 2015 Prestige GTi, which I have had since 2016 and has been almost perfect since, although it did break down under warranty with no warning and needed the smaller fuel pump replacing (2017). Thankfully I was on a quiet country road rather than a motorway, so was not in danger and the AA had to tow me to my local dealership who fixed the issue without a quibble.
Now however is a different matter, now that there is no warranty and the issue has eventually been diagnosed as the HPFP, 40,000 miles on the clock and has been playing up and breaking down (flat battery due to fan draining it) for the last couple of months during lockdown. Dealership now have the car and have advised over £900.00 for parts and labour. I discussed with them the issue you have raised and they did acknowledge this, but advised that as I did not have my car serviced through them since warranty expired, that I was not entitled to the 25% that would have been offered. They apparently also contacted Peugeot for a goodwill offer, but the only condition for this is proving my car has been serviced and what oil had been used! Blabbergasted! Only offer I have been given is 10% off parts and labour.
I am planning to contact the dealer you used as you mentioned in your post to see if they can help, although I am aware that your issues were a few years ago now. You also said not to pay the full bill, but I am not sure how I can do this if I want my car fixed and back home without there being a bit of a war!
Apologies for the intrusion, but I hope you can give me some advice.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts