Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I'm new I hope all is well with everyone?

I am looking at getting a 208 Automatic/Diesel sometime next year or maybe a bit later. I went to one of the car dealers in Edinburgh to look around. I took my fiancee' with me. I was keen on getting a 208 GTI but of course I realized with the spec we are interested in the GTI wasn't an option.

So we were looking at the 3-door Active 208 in Oasis blue, lovely looking car! plenty of room in the back feels so luxurious and spacious even though it looks small. The only questions I have for all of you 208 owners is this...

1.) I want to get a 3-door it seems fine and I like small cars not keen on big cars (that's just me) My fiancee' on the other hand was complaining that "What happens when we have someone who sits in the back, they won't like having to push the seat forward and climb in the back, with a 5-door they can just get straight in + where are we gonna put our child when we have one, it's going to a lot easier with a 4-door car"

My response was this, "Well the only difference between the two cars (3 and 5-door) is one has a door and one doesn't! How often will we have someone who will come and visit or get in our car, not often. Why pay £600 more just so you can open a door and get in? People who have children have had 2-door cars and managed so what is the problem there?"

Just want people's view, if it's worth getting 5-door over a 3-door, of course each to their own and everyone are in different situations where a 5-door is better than a 3-door.

2.) General question about wanting a GTI but not been able to get the 208 in Automatic/Diesel and the closest to the GTI is the XY. The only problem is the lack of colours so I am left with getting the standard 3-door one in oasis blue. What do you guys think about this?

That's all the questions i have, thanks guys!

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
For the occasional passenger getting in and out the 3dr is fine (tilt and slide makes it a little easier).
Regular passengers in back of the car or stretching to lift kid in and out every day, 5dr 100%.
And that's coming from someone who is biased, and thinks the 3dr is way better looking.

And virtual blue way nicer than oasis blue ;-)http://www.208ownersclub.co.uk/forum/my-allure_topic692.html

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply. 5-door is a good investment just in case we need it and the car is for long term. Just wanted to ask about the XY compared to the GTI. What difference is there between the two and is it worth getting it instead of the standard version?

I Will take a look at the virtual blue colour 208 :)

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Have a look here for specification of the models
http://www.peugeot.co.uk/media/peugeot-208-prices-and-specifications-brochure.pdf

I have the Allure and think it's a good level of spec. Sportier seats, chrome along bottom of side windows, chrome mirrors, tinted back windows, automatic lights/wiper, etc. It doesn't have flared arches or spoiler like the XY though and I imagine quite a lot of other bits and bobs.

One other thing to be aware of (certainly with Allure) is there are differences in spec between the 3dr and 5dr (and not just the number of doors before someone gets in there 1st!).

·
Registered
30 Posts
I would choose the 5dr over the 3 dr any day.Easier access in a tight spot, future children and lets face it, if the car is long term then think of the 600 £ as 10£ a month (5 year) 7£ (7 year) 5£ (10year)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, will think it's a wise choice to pick 5-door. I will compare the XY to the standard one and go from there
Edited by: MasterRich

1 - 6 of 6 Posts