Peugeot 208 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2015 208 GTI Prestige.
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, recently purchased a 2015 reg 208 GTI Prestige from a local Toyota dealership. Full Peugeot main dealer service history except last two which was a Halfords and Toyota themselves. Was given 1 year warranty which I’ve used already, for a new battery and for recovery and repair on the pipe that goes from the turbo to air box. Toyota also refurbished the wheels for a colour I asked for, threw in a service, MOT, and 1year road tax. Still enjoying the drive and hopefully have a relatively trouble free experience with it.

Tire Sky Wheel Peugeot 208 Cloud

·
Premium Member
1991 205 GTi 1.9 Red ; 2014 208 GTi AE #071 White
361 Posts
Welcome mate. Looks great. Have a very close look at the paint for tiny bubbles or blisters. Some owners of the pearl white have experienced this issue. Do you know if the HPFP and top mounts have been replaced? If not, might be worth having a good look at the condition of both.

·
Registered
2015 208 GTI Prestige.
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome mate. Looks great. Have a very close look at the paint for tiny bubbles or blisters. Some owners of the pearl white have experienced this issue. Do you know if the HPFP and top mounts have been replaced? If not, might be worth having a good look at the condition of both.
I think my paint is just a flat white colour but until I actually get the time to properly clean it I won’t know. Got a few age related marks but hoping they will polish out 😊
Thanks for the advice of regarding Top Mounts and HPFP, will get on and check them.
move had the pipework from the Turbo to the air box replaced under the warranty as that fell apart, service history shows repair bill for the coolant system in 2021.
Touch wood, everything is running alright so far.

·
Premium Member
361 Posts
are these top mounts a factory recall, mine is a 2021, GTI in Pearl White where are the tiny bubbles or blisters. appearing
I believe the top mounts AND paint was addressed in the facelift. You should be ok although not immune. Just keep an ear out for any knocking from the front of the car and inspect the paint regularly. They can occur mainly on the roof and bonnet.

·
Premium Member
361 Posts
Mine came with a bkack roof as Standard
If its flat white, you are all good. If you search the site for paint blisters you will see what it looks like.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts