Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I've just joined the forum as I am seriously considering getting a 208. I'm interested in the Feline 115bhp diesel. After a while looking about I've only just managed to see a feline in a dealers and was pleased with what I saw. Sad that it may seem I've had succession of Peugeots over the years (8 different cars I think), including a 205 DTurbo, 206 GTi, and I now run a 207 GT 110 HDi which I really like. I'm told that the 208 is better although I tend not to believe anything a dealer tells me.

I'm interested in reading other experiences, which will help my decision process. I've also considered the Seat Ibiza FR 140bhp diesel, and the Audi A1 Sportback. But the Audi is stupidly expensive once you add sufficient extras to bring the spec up to anything like the 208.

A couple of questions if I may: Is there a DAB radio option? I can't find one in any of the brochures. I don't really want to be spending the best part of 20K on a car to find I have to stick something extra on the dash/screen.

Also has anyone had any good experiences using a broker or know anywhere that is doing decent deals? I am not in a rush to buy, I may well wait until early next year when my 207 is 6 years old (I get a car allowance with my job and company policy is my car has to be under 6 years old).

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
Hi welcome to the forum - I drive a Seat Ibiza FR but the petrol version rather than the diesel and we have just bought a 208 feline THP 156 so may be able to offer some comparisons. Not driven the 208 much but will be going away next weekend and will be doing some of the driving so will be able to give a bit of a comparison. First impressions however the 208 is more modern interior although do not know if the new ibiza has been updated inside, mine is 60 plate and it has been updated since then.
Re DAB radio do not think there is a option for this currently although believe there was a sugestion that the new xy version comign out ion Spring may have one. Will get back to you next week after our weekend trip away.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I don't think the interior of the Seat has been updated a great deal if at all. Actually the 2012 update has a feel of 'a few minimal styling touches', probably as a stop gap.

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Hi and welcome.I'm not sure about DAB options.. When I was reading the review of the 208 GTI it said this -"The specification includes satellite navigation and, for the first time on a Peugeot, a DAB digital radio (DAB)."

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
Yes, I said above thought it was on the XY but on re reading info againit was the limited edition GTi that this was referenced to.

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
I wonder though if they can put it into the GTi there is no reason why it can't be an option on 'standard' cars? Or maybe they will push it on the GTI first then a few months later start offering it to everyone else?

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
Yes, suspect it will be included in future upgrade - will be included on top spec car and then as car ages in order to keep price point up they will add extra features so this could be one that comes in the future.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the feedback.

The dealer has advised that they will soon have a Feline 115hp demo car so I shall look forward to a test.

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
Will let you have some more thoughts about 208/Ibiza FR after this weekend as I will get to have a play with the 208 over the next few days. Having had a little think about it though you are not really comparing similair cars in a lot of ways. The Ibiza FR is a sports version and has significantly more power and suspension will be a lot stiffer. Will have to compare tech spec between the 2 cars but would think the FR will have better performance but significantly less mpg. So just on that basis it depends what is more important to you in a car.
My car is the petrol FR with 150 bhp and the DSG gearbox. My wifes 208 is the Feline THP156 so I will be comparing similair power cars.

Like you my wife has had several peugeots 2 206's, 2 207's the last of which was the GTi and now the 208. First impression of the 208 is it's a nicer car to drive than the 207. The 207 was very solid but heavy and in lower power engines it suffered due to the extra weigth. The first 207 she had was a 1.4 which was exactly the same engine as she had in her previous 206 but she did notice it was not as responsive. The last was the GTi which did not suffer those problems but the 208 with the 156 engine seems to be a good compromise. The lower weight makes the less power less noticeable but the suspension is not as stiff so makes it amore comfortably ride. Apears fuel econonmy is better as well but too early to tell how much better as yet. Will be on it's first long journey this weekend including a trip across the penines and motorway driving so will be a good test to see how it does.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts