Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just done a deal to trade in my Abarth 500 for a Bianca White 208 GTi.

I've owned a fair fews cars in my life but this will be my first Peugeot.

Looking forward to it arriving in a couple of weeks or so.

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
Wecome, I traded in my 200bhp RCZ for the GTI in white, love it, better drive than my Z.

·
Administrator
487 Posts
Hay welcome, someone gonna be having some fun on Saturday!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Bet you cant wait for sat ?? How did u find the abarth its one fun little fast car aint it ...but god the pug gti is a big step up ...faster ,smoother ,handles better ,but u might miss the crackel pop and bangs you get from the abarth exhaust..pugs only flaw is the engine note

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
mattdetox said:
Bet you cant wait for sat ?? How did u find the abarth its one fun little fast car aint it ...but god the pug gti is a big step up ...faster ,smoother ,handles better ,but u might miss the crackel pop and bangs you get from the abarth exhaust..pugs only flaw is the engine note
Aye, I love my Abarth but the GTi is a class above.

I will miss the pops and bangs and the general noise, if only Peugeot had worked a bit more on the GTi note.

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
But I'm pleased that they didn't resort to the 'artificial' engine /exhaust note that seems to be fashionable these days !

·
Registered
20 Posts
Specnut727 said:
But I'm pleased that they didn't resort to the 'artificial' engine /exhaust note that seems to be fashionable these days !
u should here the abarth with a monza exhaust on for a 1.4 twin air engine ,its some very clever engineering ,scares old ladys and dogs when it bangs and pops on demand ...it would be nice just to have a deeper note to the gti ..but then again hit the rev limit hard its not the worst sounding car buy a long way ..my old mini cooper s ,with supercharger sounded like a washing machine doin a spin cycle ..lol

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
I've never actually heard the artificial noise in a car yet - does anyone know what they sound like? In the Clio you can make it sound something daft like a GT-R but is it laughable or does it sound realistic?

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
I hate this artificial sound thing, are Renault stupid or something...

Annoys me that the new M5 has a fake sound.. We all knew it would neve sound as glorious as the V10 but to pump synthetic sounds through the speakers is crap.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts