Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just recently got this car and joined this forum
Love this car already

Any suggestions for owning and cleaning this car?

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
I get my gti by PS in a few days, i joined here and the other peugeot owners club website and joined there also. I know you have to be carefull if it is pearl paint or the matt finish paint( concerning swirl marks when cleaning). did you get an owners manual.?? the other thiong is, be carfull of kerbing it, very low profile tyres.

I also find it has massive torque so no need to rev it past 3 thousand to make nice progress. and always lsiten for engine timing chain rattle that doesnt go away after start up, maybe worn tensioners, but that was common on pre 2013 models.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same but with a Blue rear end. Maintaining the matte paint work is a bit more expensive than regular paint when comes to cleaning but well worth it, looks great. I use 3 products, some PH neutral soap with no added wax, and 2 protective systems designed for matte paint work. One is like a paste that is applied and I do that ever 6 months, and the other is a detail spray that I use ever wash after drying to help project and my matte paint, (it acts much like the paste, but is more of a top up product). If you have any question drop me a message.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts