Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
361 Posts
Looking good! Thanks for the pics, nice set of twins you have there.

How are you finding them then? First full day today

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Dan ... Been in work all day so not really played with it yet but the 50 miles I've done commuting was excellent.
Averaged over 64 MPG and never went below 75-80 on the 40 or so miles of motorway driving in that. I would also say that the drive is actually better than the RCZ we part exchanged .. Obviously not the power of the RCZ but smoother on the motorway and very quiet .
I'll post a full review when I get chance

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Hiya,

Cars look great - what engines do they have ? seems very good MPG - I'm getting a 115hp feline and wondering what I'll get - doing a 100 mile round trip every day on M25 !

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi ... There both 1.4 HDI 70 BHP Active models but there really nippy (0-60 in the brochure say 14 seconds but I recon it's nearer to 10)
Mines the black one but we'll swop and change to keep the mileage about the same

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
great my wifes 1.6 hdi 92 feels the same it feels every bit as quick as her old 207gt 110hdi and much nimbler

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
Will feel nimbler and nippy as the 208 is condsiderable lighter than the 207 - hoping the 156thp will be nice to drive as a result of the lighter setup, as long as suspension is set up to match the engine.

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi ... So i thought my Black 208 Active looked a bit plain ( Very Black ) next to our Oasis Blue one , so ive added the genuine Peugeot decals to the " Rear side vents " as Peugeot call them
 and some aftermarket ones to the lower part of the car to brighten it up a bit. ( Sorry i didnt get time to clean it before i took the pictures
What do you think ?

" /> )

Edited by: Mikeyuk

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ahh a fellow Wiganer .
We're always out and about in them ... What are you driving and more importantly are you a Wigan Warriors fan

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ya to'reet mon!? lol
No, not seen you out an about...i unfortunately drive a 206 (however i love her to bits) but looking forwards to trading it in spring for the 208 :)
Which dealership did you use by the way? And how was the experience...
And of course im a warriors fan haha - cherry and whites forever

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Right .. Even though we have Stoneacre in Wigan I wouldn't go anywhere near them ( really bad salespeople and there service department is a joke )
For the past 5 years we've used Perrys of Bolton and I really can't fault them. We always have the same salesman ( Stuart Browne ) We've had 6 cars off him in this time , a 207 , 207cc , 308 , RCZ and now the two 208's and he always looks after us. Also the service department are spot on .... Graham and Sammy have been there years as have most of the staff which to me tells you there a pretty good company.
When you are thinking of changing let me know and I'll call Stuart .. He always looks after friends I send over to him.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks :) Yes i agree totally with you! Stoneacre are shocking. Had four tyres put on through them and they totally wrecked my alloys...ended up having them all refurbed but at a cost of argueing and upset seeing as its my first car :(
Thanks tho for your overview of Perrys, they sound like someone you can trust -
I shall keep you in mind thankyou!

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ahh tyres :) ..... My best mate owns Wheelquick on Enfield Street in Pemberton so if you need new alloys tyres or servicing that's the place to go ...... Sorry for the blatant plug of my mates garage

·
Registered
11 Posts
Haa no probs...i know it well! I play in Pemberton Brass Band on tunstall lane lol small world! And also its where my brother who works as halfords sends people for those sorts of things now autocentre has gone.
Where abouts you live then? Im over near mesnes park :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Used to play there not so long back :) prop forward...
Anyhoo thanks for the help ;) hopefully see you around and that 206 beeping will prob be me!
Thanks again!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts