Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all, just swapped from an S Type Jag to this little 208. It isn't anywhere near a Jag but boy do I like driving past all those fuelling stations
Have done 1600+ miles so far and averaged about 56 mpg, mixture of town driving and motorway trips.
Very comfortable in general, so not missing the Jag too much. Strangely enough, because all the seats and door cards are not as thick as the jag, I think there is actualy more interior space.
Overall, I love it more than I don't, if that makes sense

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Welcome to the boards. Glad your another person who's gone from something that drinks petrol to a very very economical diesel. I shall be taking mine for a run over the bank holiday weekend to wales and back so we'll see what I can get on a long run like that sat at 55mph on cruise

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
At that speed you should be getting into the 70's mpg i reckon

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Badass said:
At that speed you should be getting into the 70's mpg i reckon
I want atleast low 80's lol, i'm very demanding on diesels and can push 70 mpg out of my partner's Octavia 2.0tdi

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Excellent, mine seems to be around the 50 mark, mainly stop start. Still after consumption of 15mpg with the last motor, that's like Nirvana (cue song)
... do like the stop start tho.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi,

Welcome to the 208 owners !! It that's the right way to put it.. Picked up my feline 208 115bhp diesel last week and already love it...journey back on motorway driving cruise control on 70mph or above...68.6mpg!! Should be able to hit mid 70's mpg with a lighter foot...

·
Registered
6 Posts
70mph and doing 68.6mpg? Is that what the car is currently doing or what you are actually doing? My Allure 1.6 e-hdi 92bhp always says 70mpg+ but i actually only do 54.2mpg. I'll be amazed if you get so much more than me with a pretty much identical engine.

Be interested to know though. :)

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
I've just refilled my 1.4hdi and drove down the motorway to my missus and it reads 80mpg on cruise at 55mph, sure I can squeeze more out of it on a longer run.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yeah...pretty good mpg...I zero'd the tripometer on P/U at the garage...did 245 miles and checked when i got back...I filled up with diesel opposite the garage, and it's still has a 1/4 of a tank left even tho I am running around locally.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts