Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys
This is my first visit to the forum, although we've had Peugeots at our house for years, and love 'em. The reason I've joined is because my wife has just bought a 208 Intuitive with the touch screen display for Sat Nav etc. But although we've followed the instruction manual to the letter, we can't pair any of our phones to the Bluetooth for hands free. Each time we search for a new phone, it just comes up as "no device found". My wife has a Samsung Galaxy on Vodaphone, and mine is a HTC One X on 3, and both of them worked fine on her previous 208 and my 308. Anyone any ideas as to why?
The other strange thing about the manual is that nowhere does it tell you how to work the Park Assist, which the salesman didn't have time to demonstrate. Perhaps they've included the wrong book. Haven't quite plucked up the courage to try it out yet!!

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Hi welcome to the boards. I can't help with Samsung or HTC, I only know to get my iphone paired i had to run the process beginning with the phone and searching. May be worth trying that way ?Unfortunately I don't have park assist so sorry pretty useless all round

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Do you not have an available teenager ?? Can you borrow one
?? I have to admit my 23 year old son eventually sorted mine when he got sick of me messing

·
Premium Member
641 Posts
You phone may need to be set to be visible to other bluetooth units. This is usually found in the settings,Conectivity, Bluetooth, Phone Visibility menus. You thet do a search for Bluetooth devices on your touchscreen and follow the instructions. This is also in the handbook on page 256.

Park assist is in the handbook for my Allure. Page 102 Handbook reference on back cover is AN.13208.0030. You must have been given the wrong handbook.

You can find you handbook on line by Googling "Peugeot Handbooks" and look for INFOTECH-Peugeot Servicebox. Select the English version then Click on "208" then click on the righthand car and select the 01/02/2013 date. This will take you to your handbook. Select page 102

·
Premium Member
641 Posts
My dealer tells me there is also a separate card giving you the imformation for PARK ASSIST like the one for the TOUCHSCREEN, which the dealer should have given you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
l got a separate card with the park assist info when l collected mine earlier today. Tried it tonight and its a bit scary allowing the car to park for you but great fun, hope you have managed to use it too

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
Hi, silly question but I've always wondered who is held responsible if the park assist feature actually allowed a collision with another vehicle. I presume it would be the driver even if they weren't doing anything.

·
Registered
6 Posts
l thinkyou're right Nicky, then you could make a claim against the manufacturers? You can always take over the steering at any time if you're concerned and you cannot go more than 5 miles per hour when using park assist or park exit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts