Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
I have 208 Active ETG with SMEG 3.17, FW date 16.05.2013, seems quite latest. However i noticed a strange thing while playing mp3 from USB with SMEG, the problem is, most (almost all) of MP3's last a few seconds (2 or 3 seconds) aren't decoded/played, instead the last 2 or 3 seconds are skipped and the song gets ended early than it should. When i play the MP3s on PC and phone, all the duration are played including last 3 seconds, but SMEG skips it and ends the song early, and advances to next song. That's bugging me a little.

Anyone noticed that?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've noticed this happen sometimes, i'm on the same version. Doesn't always seem to happen but not sure if that's because some tracks have a bit of silence at the end anyway, I haven't checked if it's always the same tracks or not.

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
pepitoe said:
I've noticed this happen sometimes, i'm on the same version. Doesn't always seem to happen but not sure if that's because some tracks have a bit of silence at the end anyway, I haven't checked if it's always the same tracks or not.
Thanks for your reply mate. I beleive it's a common issue with SMEG, having the same and latest firmware. Peugeot doesn't seem to pay attention as expected, maybe a lot of people may complain and they can see and patch the issue.

I've tested the problem. The problem is just because of wrong calculation of total length of MP3. The duration gets miscalcuated, thus the track gets ended early than it should. I compared the normal duration on PC with the SMEG, there are almost 3-4 seconds difference which causes irritating issue.

Hope someone finds a fix or Peugeot releases a new FW for SMEG!

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update: I've found that this issue happens "usually" if and when you pause/mute track by pressing the wheel button on the steering wheel, located on the left. Thus, SMEG forgets to pause current track position although muted, thus a sync problem happens at the end of track. Anyone confirms this?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes, I can confirm this. This happen to the first song you play after engine start or pause/mute a track. I had this issue with v3.15 firmware. Just updated to v3.20 and not yet test if this bug has been fixed.

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yungyaw said:
SMEG firmware version v3.20 seems to have fixed this issue. ;)
Really? Are you sure? I've contacted the dealer and they said 3.17 is still the latest. Probably, they're unaware of the new version. How did you update? Via yourself or via the dealer service?

Thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts