Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is probably for Duffy, but if anyone can answer GREAT.
I've got a XY addition, but was wondering if the rear vallance? the bit at the bottom of the bumper.
Can be swapped for a GTI one. I want to look at changing the exhaust one day, but in the mean time, just add the twin end pipe as per GTI.
Perhaps the rest of the bumper is the same, so swapping is ok?

·
Premium Member
506 Posts
I would say they could be swapped , but might not be straight forward ......
As you say , this one is a call out for Duffy

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
I spoke to peugeot about this and they say the rear bumper is different. I was originally going to do what you are thinking.
Now don't hold me to this, but I believe that yes they are all the same, just different inserts. Even 3 door to 5 door. To double check just drive to your local dealer and have a snoop. What he said on the phone makes no sense at all. That even the xy (with visible exhaust) is different to the actives (no visible exhaust) when I actually know fine well these are the same.
The reason I didn't fit the GTi insert is because soon enough people will figure out they fit and start doing so, so I went different. So i didn't change my mind because they didn't fit. I just wanted something extra tacky hahahaha.
If I were you though just double check by having a nosey down your local dealers. They may think your a weirdo for rolling about on the floor at the back of a car but youll be able to see from the shape, then obviously the two screws underneath.
Come to think of it though the two bumpers ive messed about with both had a cutout on the exhaust side. Maybes its so it would suit any insert?

·
Premium Member
506 Posts
Duffy said:
IThey may think your a weirdo for rolling about on the floor at the back of a car
Come to think of it though the two bumpers ive messed about with both had a cutout on the exhaust side. Maybes its so it would suit any insert?

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Pretty sure they are the same and would fit any model. Got quoted £174 for both parts of the GTi...diffuser? Apparently it comes in two parts. Not exactly cheap to change over though I might do it anyway and see what exhaust I can get to fill the hole.

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
Ahhh. That is how the bumper is different. It has holes for the arch surround.
PS. You shouldn't have posted that image up. Prepare to get bombarded with PMs for diagrams matey!

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
I had a quick look at it pal but was on phone and couldn't look at it properly

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
As mine has the same arches, I'm pretty sure mine is the same. Thanks guys.
I see what you mean Duffy. Lots of interest already.
I personally like to be a little different, but I also like others doing the same as it
Means you have not been silly.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts