Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please note! Do NOT fall for peugeots trick to get you to buy uprated struts for your car to cope with the weight of the spoiler. They cope fine. There is no difference what so ever. I didn't manage to get any snaps to make a tutorial im afraid as my phone was dead but it is quite simple to fit. If anyone has any questions feel free to ask in here. Cheers.

·
Premium Member
641 Posts
Any drilling involved, and does rear brake light come with spoiler? Does the windscreen washer pipe need to be extended? Does spoiler top half clip on?

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes to all of above. When im bored later im gonna put a quick step by step on. The spoiler comes with instructions

·
Registered
16 Posts
Can you tell me if you can remove top half of rear spoiler whenits fitted to the car and if so do you know where the clips are i would to take it off and put some packing in there as it is hollow and i think thats where my rattle is coming from

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You should find 2 screws at each end of the spoiler. These can be accessed by lifting the boot as they are screwed into the spoiler through the boot. Then just pull straight from the car, not up but outwards

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi was wondering can you not take top half off with out taking whole spoiler off car. Removed 2 large screws but spoiler seems to attached with something sticky. Was hoping to lift lid and stick un some foam or can you recommend anything else to make it less hollow

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No that is for the base of the spoiler. The two screws are on the outer part of the boot lid. Smaller screws than the ones youve taken out

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
my god how hard was that to get off !!! Peugeot couldn't get it off to get my leaking windscreen off on the back !! so me and a mechanic took 2 hours figuring it out and we done it. think we broke two clips but nothing major. just need the glass resealed now and then the spoiler clipped back on. my fingers are killing me

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I can imagine! Manage to find them screws then? After that its just to give it a hard pull. I did actually advise someone not to attempt it as those clips did not look strong at all. I thought they were going to break putting it on.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Found the two outer screws as well but could not release the top half at all. Looking in to this rattle further i have found the lock to be most of the problem put tape around the part on the car closed the boot door and tried it and no rattle only problem now is car will not lock with tape on so back to square one

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
lgokay you can get a fabric tape and wrap it around once it has an adhesive backing that worked on my old gti. Duffy - jesus we were going mad !!in the end I grabbed the spoiler the one side as that was mostly unclipped and pushed it outward and a bit up and low and behold it all came off. is it just a matter of pushing it back onto the bracket now to clip all back in to place?.

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
inside its full of clips nothing moves in there at all and they clip onto a bracket which is bolted into the glass itself. the only thing I noticed tapping on the back end was the washer pipe. I pulled it slowly through the rubber grommet on the boot lid and then pushed the excess into the other grommet that goes into the car itself. If you pull the headliner down on the drivers side you will see the pipe follow this around and look through the hole where the seat belt goes. I noticed where Peugeot rush building it the pipe was not clipped in at all and was tapping constantly to. I pushed the pipe in to the white plastic holder which you can see with a torch and no more tapping.

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah kyle it just pushes back on. Feels like it doesn't want to but just one firm push does the trick. Just remember to plug your brake light in before doing so. Thats a nightmare waiting to happen to someone that.

You should try fitting one from scratch! Would you drill into your own car?

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
gdgd hope it goes in easier than coming off !!. nah wouldn't drill it lol id be paranoid about rust, but it seems these cars are built crap to be honest and rushed. I defo wont be having another French car ill go back to german next im just glad I got it on a pcp cos if I owned it I really would be p*ssed and demanding my money back.

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
There is 3 bits to the spoiler. The base, the 3rd light(which is also the under section and the coloured bit. The base is bolted by 4 bolts through where I am drilling now (2 either side). 2 screws which were originally used for my old 3rd brake light then once its all bolted up you squirt bond (tiger seal) into a hole in each side of the base. Wait for that to set (I didn't cos there's no point and im an impatient twat.) Then as you'll have guessed, the under clips and screws onto the over which is all then clipped onto the base

·
Premium Member
506 Posts
Duffy said:
You should try fitting one from scratch! Would you drill into your own car?
Measure twice , cut once . . . . .Measure twice , cut once !!!!

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
all sorted. had the car back as soon as I finished work I parked in the garage and the spoiler went on and clicked in like a hot knife in butter. cant believe how hard it is to get off though. rear windscreen has been resealed and seems to be fine so at the moment I am well happy.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts