Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All!

I'm Brian, I'm from Kirkcaldy in Fife and I drive a 208 GTi, which i bought in June last year, done about 4800 miles now and it's great.

I have always been a Peugeot person...here's my old fleet from the left:

206 GTi 180, 1988 ph1 309 GTi, 306 Rallye, Miami blue 309 GTi 3dr, 309 Goodwood GTi 5dr.

Then bought a flat in the middle of 2012 and moved in December 2013 and went down to having the 306 rallye, Miami 309 GTi and the Goodwood. Then realised that having 3 cars was still too much to maintain! So went down to one car and the 208 GTi seemed the obvious choice!

I keep a coat of either Swissvax BOS or Zymol Royale for a bit of deep gloss on white.

Then swapped the plate over from the 306 Rallye...crap photo but that's all I have to hand lol. The RS4 belongs to my colleague at work (I work at Kirkcaldy Peugeot...)

Thanks for looking.

Brian

·
Premium Member
506 Posts
looking good !
welcome to the forum . .

the shot with all your old Pugs is great

·
Registered
5 Posts
Impressive stuff, you really owned all those 5 Pugs in the pic at the same time?? Keeping them in a shed or something?
Indeed a lot to maintain!

But now you sold them all and bought a 208GTi??

I own one too now since a couple of weeks. But thing that comes to mind when I read your story is that you will probably... regret it? Or...?
Not that the 208GTi is a bad car of course, but since you seem to have been so much into those oldschool GTi's,... the 208 is, I think, not as involving and ehm oldschool (looking for the right words here ;) ) as those older Pugs!

I have owned a Pug106Rallye1.6 and 2 206GTi's and some other less sporty ones. But my alltime fav is the 106Rallye. To me it was more fun and nicer to drive than the 208GTi. ;)

But the 208GTi is really a gem to look at, both outside (especially in white! ;) ) and inside, and of course faster and more economical than the older Pugs :)

Edited by: groenteboer

1 - 5 of 5 Posts