Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I know there is an 'order' forum but I wasn't sure if the build time would be specific to the GTI model hence posting here.

I have ordered a GTI on 13/01/2014 and to say i'm excited is an understatement.

I was just wondering how long delivery was for you all?

I was really impressed with the performance (coming from a Fabia Vrs MKII and Seat Ibiza FR CR143) and also the quality of the vehicle as well as the standard level of kit (which won me over from the Fiesta ST which felt much 'cheaper'). Looking forward to getting back into a petrol with a manual gearbox.

Only disappointment was that I ordered it with Heated Seats but had a call from Peugeot stating that it is not an option any more due to lack of demand

Counting down now.

·
Premium Member
506 Posts
sorry i can't help on the build time thing , but i know what you are saying regarding the Fiesta . .

maybe my hopes were too high with all the hype ! i also found the Ford dealers less willing to help with deals

they both drive well though , so the internal trim sealed the deal , soz but i get mine Saturday !. . . . 2 days to go

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah Ford gave virtually no money off and crap part-ex values.
Enjoy the car on sat.

Let us know how you get on with early days of ownership.

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
I ordered mine mid-May 2013 and took delivery of it on the 1st September 2013. I think they said it was a 12 week build, but I wanted to wait for the new reg coming out! It was one of the longest waits I've had to endure!

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
I'm hoping to put my order in around May time with a look to getting it delivered in September, my current deal on my RCZ ends in September. Although I'm looking forward to the GTi, I undoubtably will shed a tear when I hand the RCZ over, I'm going to miss those admiring glances

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Be careful and make sure you explicitly tell them when you want the car registering, and get it recorded on the order form. My dealer registered mine without my knowledge & agreement on the 31st Dec, (I wasn't even in the country) although I did not take delivery until 13th Jan. I was not asked for insurance details OR to sign any documents. The salesman was very apologetic, but it was his Sales Manager who did this. Was not happy, but am now I have my car :)

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just had a call from the dealer.
My build date was brought forward so the car will be at the dealers on 20/02/2014.

Not bad from ordering on 13/01/2014

Booked in for a handover first slot in the morning of 01/03/2014 (although im having a private plate put on it) for a '14' plate - Should be a few hundred quid better off when it comes to value in 3 years time.

really excited now!

·
Registered
24 Posts
i order my on 15 September 2013 and deliver to me 25 January 2014 and after 1500 km i have power loss issue and they can't find what is going wrong i'm still waiting....

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Going to sign documents on sat and take a look at the new motor on sat then have to wait a week to pick it up. Will be the longest week ever!!!

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It's like Christmas Eve!
I'll have to grow up sometime I'm sure!
Hope all go's well with your pick up.

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
I was told allow 13 weeks delivery. So I placed my order 06/11/2013 for delivery 01/03/14 for the new reg. picked it up on Saturday and love the car!

I know what people have aid and it's true - it was the longest wait of my life other than waiting for my daughter to be born (12 years ago).

1 - 20 of 22 Posts