Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i have had my Peugeot 208 for around 2 months now. I have the VTI active model which is a 2013 plate. Recently when starting up or driving around i get an error saying GPS fault, the screen wont let me move off this or anything. Having researched through i have since found that some of the 208 models have sat-nav installed in them, thus being the problem that my model does not have satnav and i am led to believe it is some form of a communication error. With being a new car i expected some issues so its not really a bother it usually goes away after a couple of minutes. However having said this i spent £6000 on this car to get it and expect it to still be in working order.

Having tinkered with the car i have since found, what i deem to be the fix. I reset the system. Since doing this it has not come up. I will keep an eye out to see if it comes up again and keep you posted. To reset it is fairly easy go to your touch screen and go into your settings and you press the master reset button( or some words of that sort). The screen will then go blank for a while, this is whilst it reboots, then it will come back on and will be as good as new again. since doing this the issue has not returned, but it is still early days.

Just thought i would share this little bit of knowledge with you all as i know some of you are having the same issue. Let me know of any other ideas or information you may have on this matter

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi i have had my Peugeot 208 for around 2 months now. I have the VTI active model which is a 2013 plate. Recently when starting up or driving around i get an error saying GPS fault, the screen wont let me move off this or anything. Having researched through i have since found that some of the 208 models have sat-nav installed in them, thus being the problem that my model does not have satnav and i am led to believe it is some form of a communication error. With being a new car i expected some issues so its not really a bother it usually goes away after a couple of minutes. However having said this i spent £6000 on this car to get it and expect it to still be in working order.

Having tinkered with the car i have since found, what i deem to be the fix. I reset the system. Since doing this it has not come up. I will keep an eye out to see if it comes up again and keep you posted. To reset it is fairly easy go to your touch screen and go into your settings and you press the master reset button( or some words of that sort). The screen will then go blank for a while, this is whilst it reboots, then it will come back on and will be as good as new again. since doing this the issue has not returned, but it is still early days.

Just thought i would share this little bit of knowledge with you all as i know some of you are having the same issue. Let me know of any other ideas or information you may have on this matter
I’m having the same problem will try a reset

·
Registered
5 Posts

I’m having the same problem will try a reset
Done the system reset( factory reset) and went blank but doesn’t look like it done a full reset

1 - 3 of 3 Posts