Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to replace the puny, single tone horn of my car for something a little more powerful. Has anyone done this?
Is it expensive? (I am not a DYI person, so would need to get someone to do it)

Is it easily done? Can you just replace one for the other?

What do the horns from the XY or GTI sound like?

Thanks in advance,

Danny

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
Any 12v horn would work here. Just find out where it is (most likely behind the front bumper as I recall seeing itwhen I had mine off) disconnect the two wires, unbolt it, Fit the new one to the bracket and reconnect. If your going to get a manly one try a one from a van such as the ford transit or renault traffic.

·
Premium Member
640 Posts
You will probably find that Peugeot has designed the wiring system for a particular electrical loading and an alternative horn may come up as a fault, like what happens with some cheap bulbs.

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks to all for your feedback.

I took the time to phone the parts department at my local dealer this morning. Their comment was similar to that of EXMGZR: It can't be done as it would come up as a fault.

Oh well.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thread's rather old, but wanted to revive it as I was able to change the horns without error. Recently bought a GTI a couple of months back and was totally put off by the horn sound. Dealership's chief mechanic for 208's was kind enough to test and swap dual horns from the RCZ, 508, 3008, 5008 and guess what....the dual horns on the 508's are compatible!

Bought the horns online in Germany and saved half the amount I would've paid the dealership. Cheers.

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That is great news, thank you, especially because mine has stopped working altogether!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts