Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">I collected my 208 allure 1.4 ECG on 19th December 2012.I was initially a littledisappointed lack ofresponsewhen driving in automatic when going uphill .It felt as though it might stall which i thought might be due to its stop/start technology which i wasunfamiliar with. However on 27th of December when driving in the fast lane of the M25 with my 2 children on board the gearbox failed and we were hit from behind. We were very lucky that no one was hurt. We had been in controlled 60 mph lanes which then changed to 50 mph .I changed down gear from 5th to 4th, there was a terrible grinding noise and complete loss of power. The car ground to a halt with display showing "engine failure" and the car hit us from behind. The on board computer showed that we de-accelerated from 60 mph to 29 mph as recorded by the seat belt impact data yet Peugeot say there was nothing wrong with the gearbox and the car performed as it should have .
<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">The car has been with Peugeot since 27th December and despite their investigation, can give no explanation as to why our car should loose all power and stop in the fast lane on the M25. They have repaired the damage from the impact and are happy for us to have the car back but cannot offer any reassurance that this will not happen again. We have lost all confidence in the car but have no option as far as Peugeot are concerned but to have the car back as they maintain they found nothing wrong with it mechanically !
<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">Any one else suffered gearbox problems ??

1 - 1 of 1 Posts